Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

mounting a 50 inch light bar above the windshield on a 2015 jeep wrangler unlimited

Old 10-19-2014, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mounting a 50 inch light bar above the windshield on a 2015 jeep wrangler unlimited

hey guys I am trying to mount a 50 inch light bar above my windshield on a 2015 jeep wrangler unlimited white in color. what do and how did you guys mount the light bar. I do not like the long windshield mounts most are black and it wont look good with my white jeep. I do like the door mounts but didn't want to drill holes. It has a soft top so may not be able to use the door mounts. What kind looks good on your jeep. I like the long types sturdiness but want a good looking set if that what I have to go with. Do you guys recommend the small brackets door mount for this. Also how and where did you guys mount your rocker switch. I saw a rocker that lights up blue when on and amber dim when off and lights up saying light bar do you now where I can get these. if pictures are allowed here send me some pics of your mounts and ideas for rocker mounts inside the jeep
Old 10-19-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Why don't you paint the brackets with OEM paint? They won't be noticeable.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yuriy
Why don't you paint the brackets with OEM paint? They won't be noticeable.
This x2
Old 10-19-2014, 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DisasterDan
This x2
x3 I have my old PS mounts that are black from my old JK. I'm going to strip them down and paint white for my new JK. Won't stand out as bad as you think.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:08 PM
JK Super Freak

You should prob go to a shop

Quick Reply: mounting a 50 inch light bar above the windshield on a 2015 jeep wrangler unlimited