Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig Gracenotes Update v4620 US/Canada/Mexico

Old 11-07-2013, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I will update to 9.292 and see if that helps. Seems like that one dates to mid-2009, so might not include the HDD bug fix, but it can't do any worse than what I have currently. I have an extended warranty, but that requires it to be completely in-op before coverage applies. So hopefully if it does brick, it does so before I am out of the warranty.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

I think 9.292 will have the HDD fix in it. The old MyGig forums had a ton of good info on this, but it's been down for a long time now, so I can't go back and see the info.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whpony96
Your a bit confused because your looking at the Gracenotes Update and the OS updates. They are both listed on the download site. What are you looking to update the OS or the Gracenotes?
Hey whpony you are the go to guy on my gig, so I hope this comes across your radar : I just got an iPhone 5s and I keep seeing reference to using the Bluetooth connect to stream from the phone to the my gig, my jk is a 2007---think I have a RER. I've tried this a few times- no dice, is it possible?
Old 02-18-2014, 05:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default Disc not reading

Originally Posted by whpony96

What ever you do do NOT remove the disc till the MyGig asks you to install the software a second time! This is the equivalent of the "Your installation is complete" window. Then you simply click "NO" then you can eject the disc.

Hi,
What if everything went well up to the point where the system restarted but never brought up the screen to install software for second time? The HDD,AM,FM,SAT and Disc doesnt provide any audio. The Disc shows "Reading" all the time even with no disc.
Any clues how to make the disc read?
Thanks
Old 03-06-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default MyGig RER navigation going screwy

I'm not sure if anyone is following this thread still, but I'm pretty much lost. I've got a 2008 Rubi with a Uconnect RER. The touchscreen is going nuts on me. In Nav mode, the cursor will randomly start scrolling across the map until I push "cancel". The radio and Sirius channels will suddenly start searching with no input from me. The worst thing is, I'm driving down a major highway and the GPS has me no where near it. I recently had the Jeep dealership do an upgrade, but it still does the same thing. At first I blamed the Texas heat, but it is still doing it in March...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140306_125809_837.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	535675

This is the system info. Any suggestions?
Old 04-22-2015, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

I am running 881 but all my recent music is being read correctly. Should I go through with the update or not? I was able to get 2.404 to load.

Quick Reply: MyGig Gracenotes Update v4620 US/Canada/Mexico