Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need better battery? Recommendations?

Old 08-27-2014, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by capjim
never had a platinum but every experience I've ever had with die hard was that they do exactly that..die hard (and fast). Had one internally short and fry a bunch of stuff in my car, had another die 3 months after I got it...Just died(different cars)...they replaced them both under warranty, didn't fix the stuff it fried in my car and I don't think either lasted longer than 2 years after that. both were gold's I think
The diehard series are often made by different company's depending on the level of diehard you purchase. As you mentioned, you purchased diehard "golds". The "Platinum" are made by Enersys the golds are not, so chances are if you would have spent the additional $30 for the platinum series instead of the gold, you would have had a better experience.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I replaced my factory battery the second day I had my jeep. It's a 2012. It had about 40 miles on it at the time. I replaced it with a Stinger 1500 amp battery. It fit with a little "massaging". It has been flawless. I also have another stinger 1200 amp battery mounted under the drivers seat. It BARELY fit laying on its side with the posts directed forward. The seat actually crushes it in place by squishing it about 1/16" on each corner. It doesn't move. Not even a slight little bit. I use a PAC 500 amp relay/isolator to manage them for charging.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the warranty on the Odyssey? and Sears DieHard Platinum?

I've always ran Optima Yellow Tops and loved them never had a problem in any of my vehicals and they have a 5year warranty. Currently have 2 Yellow Tops in my Genesis Dual Battery setup.

Mike K.

Quick Reply: Need better battery? Recommendations?