Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need help

Old 04-18-2016, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

2015 JKU right brake light and turn signal out I checked the bulbs and fuses both are good any other suggestions?
Old 04-18-2016, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

If you have a multimeter, check to see that you have current to the plug. If you don't have a multimeter, pull the other tail lamp and plug it in to that location and see if it comes on.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Also, the taillight/turn/brake grounds through the attachment screws. Make sure they are getting a good connection.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by 15wrangler_jk
2015 JKU right brake light and turn signal out I checked the bulbs and fuses both are good any other suggestions?
Not sure which fuse you checked, but the turn signals and brake lights have no fuse.
How did you check the bulb? There are two filaments: one for the tail light; one for the brake and turn signal.

If the bulb is good, there may be a bad ground, a bad contact in the socket, or a broken wire.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

I checked both bulbs for the reverse light and tail/brake light both are good no burnt bulbs and the fuse that is in the engine bay has a fuse for the right and left tail lights both are good I will check the grounds on the screws thank you! I will give an update to whether or not that worked
Old 04-21-2016, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default Bulb

I had my turn signals doing the rapid flash thing. Checked the bulbs and plugs, everything looked good. They would flash normal the first two times then go back to rapid flash.

Finally changed the bulbs and sure enough, there was a tiny break in the filament that could;t see with out a magnifier.

Try changing the bulbs anyway.

DaveO

Quick Reply: Need help