Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Head Unit went blank

Old 03-19-2007, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Unit went blank

I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else here. I seem to have several electric gremlins. I was driving over a speed bump the other night, not all that fast ~10 mph. Sat radio still goin and I look down to check the time and nothing is displayed on the head unit. All the buttons still work, I can still flip stations, back to FM, tune, etc but nothing shows up. I tried smacking it because that was just my natural reaction but after several days of hoping it will just magically come back, nada.
I have not messed with anything for quite some time. I installed the Mopar Ipod integration kit back in November and that still works fine with me blindly navigating to the right station.
But just curious if anyone had experienced such a phenomenon, everything still works fine I just cant see. Never knew how often I looked at the time. The top was off if that detail matters any.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi....I had the same problem, I went back to the dealer and they installed a new one..

Quick Reply: Head Unit went blank