Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New Kenwood DDX-371 to replace dead (so i thought) Infinity HU

Old 04-13-2014, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Kenwood DDX-371 to replace dead (so i thought) Infinity HU

My first post, not my first Jeep. Just got an 09 JKU Sahara and the factory HU was dead so I got the dealer to come down an extra $500 for me to replace it. Well, I started off by checking the fuse M10 which according to the owner's manual is the radio. Fuse was good, but I put a new one in anyway just to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong. Made me think the HU was bad so ordered the DDX-371 from Crutchfield with the PAC harness and the Gino $25 CCD backup cam. Most of these decisions were based off info I got this forum--thank everyone for that! With a few reference checks here and there got it all wired up and NOTHING! Just like the Infinity. Decided it was beer o'clock and I needed to walk away. Did a little more trolling on the forum and found out fuse M12 is for the amp. Changed that this AM and all is great with the world and am loving the new deck. Sorry for the wordy post, but just wanted to offer up that tip to check both fuses and to thank everyone on the forums for the great info! Now to add some poly fil to the sub and soundbar...
Old 04-17-2014, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

im in the same situation, ill check m10 and m12.
what size are they?
Old 04-18-2014, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

What kind of sub are you using and are you hooking up an amp to the entire system including speakers. I am looking To upgrading my HU to the same one as you and add a sub and amp but I wasn't sure if I was going to change the speakers and hook them up to the amp as well. Any advice? Thanks

-Tim
Old 05-05-2014, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

M10 is a 20 amp fuse and M20 is 15 amps. I have the factory Infinity system and wanted to see how it sounded with the upgraded HU first. It's not bad actually, but I have some clipping on the front right dash speaker. I thought it was blown and ordered a new factory speaker and replaced it and it does the same thing. Eventually I'll probably bypass the Infinity amp with something else and a new sub. It's stupid that you lose Fader ability with the PAC and can't use any of the electronic crossover functions on the Kenwood HU.

Quick Reply: New Kenwood DDX-371 to replace dead (so i thought) Infinity HU