Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New Mopar Kicker speakers installed

Old 01-24-2010, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Mopar Kicker speakers installed

I just finished up my install of the Mopar 77Kick10 speakers in my 2-door JK X. And they sound amazing!!!! Night and day over the stock X speakers which were horrible. They come with the factory connector on them and factory mounting tabs and they bolt right in and use all of the factory grills and mounts. Just screwed right in. It's like I have an amp now. I just can not believe it!! Best part is they are only $70 bucks for the pair. I did the front dash and rear sound bar. All 6.5's. Below are some pics comparing the originals to the Mopar Kickers speakers.

I will be installing the Mopar Kicker Amp next weekend and have more updates. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2317.jpg
Views:	2650
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	36029   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2324.jpg
Views:	2830
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	36030   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2323.jpg
Views:	2842
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	36031   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2322.jpg
Views:	2869
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	36032  

Last edited by burnout88; 02-06-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What radio did you put them in? I have an 07 2 dr x with non-infinity system and I have to do something. New Pioneer head unit is due out in March/April and kind of waiting on that since with the RES radio it controls the sound bar speakers and without a HU change I heard there was not that much of an improvement. If yours was that noticeable I might just do the speakers first. I did just google them and I get a price of $61 plus shipping that is a lot less than I was going to spend. Let me know how the amp install goes too since I will need that. Are you doing a sub woofer?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info, I have been wanting to do these for a while but never knew what the true difference would be.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjohn581
What radio did you put them in? I have an 07 2 dr x with non-infinity system and I have to do something. New Pioneer head unit is due out in March/April and kind of waiting on that since with the RES radio it controls the sound bar speakers and without a HU change I heard there was not that much of an improvement. If yours was that noticeable I might just do the speakers first. I did just google them and I get a price of $61 plus shipping that is a lot less than I was going to spend. Let me know how the amp install goes too since I will need that. Are you doing a sub woofer?
I have the stock head unit, its the base single CD player radio without the infinity setup. I have a base model X. I will be sure to update everyone on the amp install next weekend. I was going to do the sub but this sounds so good I am going to skip it. I don't thing I need it anymore.

Just do the speakers I promise you will be happy with them. Sound better then my Infinity Kappas did in my old YJ sound bar and doors.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by burnout88
I have the stock head unit, its the base single CD player radio without the infinity setup. I have a base model X. I will be sure to update everyone on the amp install next weekend. I was going to do the sub but this sounds so good I am going to skip it. I don't thing I need it anymore.

Just do the speakers I promise you will be happy with them. Sound better then my Infinity Kappas did in my old YJ sound bar and doors.
You convinced me. Have the same stock radio and was not sure where to put a sub unless I wanted to hack up the rear seat. Will order the speakers in the a.m. and wait to hear your report on the amp.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed the Amp and it is terrible and a waste of money. Just get the speakers, they are awesome!!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be putting these in as soon as UPS delivers them, can't wait
Old 02-02-2010, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jjohn581
What is the skinny on this new head unit? Is it a drop in replacement etc.?

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Where you guys buying these speakers? I would like to try a set myself.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great, definately an install in my near future as well

Quick Reply: New Mopar Kicker speakers installed