Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New Mopar Kicker speakers installed

Old 04-01-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine from Steve White Motors on eBay. Around $145 to my door for two pairs! Got them in just a few days.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i installed the 77kick10 speakers into the soundbar, should i or should i not put the factory faceplate back on over top of the speakers?

Would it make a difference either way?
Old 05-08-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by burnout88
I just finished up my install of the Mopar 77Kick10 speakers in my 2-door JK X. And they sound amazing!!!! Night and day over the stock X speakers which were horrible. They come with the factory connector on them and factory mounting tabs and they bolt right in and use all of the factory grills and mounts. Just screwed right in. It's like I have an amp now. I just can not believe it!! Best part is they are only $70 bucks for the pair. I did the front dash and rear sound bar. All 6.5's. Below are some pics comparing the originals to the Mopar Kickers speakers.

I will be installing the Mopar Kicker Amp next weekend and have more updates. Thanks
Did you have just the standard speakers before hand or the infinity upgraded ones?
Old 05-20-2011, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

check amazon thats all i can say
Old 06-29-2011, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure this question has been covered but how are these compared to stock infinitys?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick526
Are you using the supertweeters from quadratec? Can you give some more details/pics on these.
I am and if you want the best results from the Kickers you need to upgrade the tweeters, too. Couple of people say they look dumb...I'm in the opposite camp, I think they reform those horrible little plastic tombstones..

I replaced all the speakers plus the tweeters, using the more expensive ones in the soundbar. If I had it to do again I'd have left the soundbar and just done the fronts plus the tweeters. It's those to me that make the difference and those are where the bang for bucks lie.

Here are mine:

Old 07-29-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Installed these 10 min ago. Sound like garbage. Sound like a low end factory stereo should sound. I've heard better from super cheap jensen 6x9s. If you've ever heard good sound and that's what your going for these are not for you. Maybe 30% better than stock. Pm me if you wanna clarify . Waste of money. Seriously, I haven't been into the stereo stuff for 10 years and I know this is not a good option.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Nobody to blame but myself, shoulda known Chrysler couldn't do it. Spend tour money right and get a high end set of speakers like I should have....don't mean to be an a-hole but they sound about half as good as the bose in my Sierra and I'm not exaggerating. If our into sound listen to me.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mckratz
Nobody to blame but myself, shoulda known Chrysler couldn't do it. Spend tour money right and get a high end set of speakers like I should have....don't mean to be an a-hole but they sound about half as good as the bose in my Sierra and I'm not exaggerating. If our into sound listen to me.
I moderately see where you are coming from. for an audiophile these are not going to be the greatest thing but to the average person they will be a great upgrade, it is the same as in a home stereo system. A lot of people are very happy with a hometheater in-a-box system. Versus others will want the piece built system with high end towers, rears, sub, center and receiver set up....just depends if you can be happy with the basic, or have come accustomed to what you perceive as better.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Red08JK
I moderately see where you are coming from. for an audiophile these are not going to be the greatest thing but to the average person they will be a great upgrade, it is the same as in a home stereo system. A lot of people are very happy with a hometheater in-a-box system. Versus others will want the piece built system with high end towers, rears, sub, center and receiver set up....just depends if you can be happy with the basic, or have come accustomed to what you perceive as better.
You could probably just spend an extra 100 bucks and get something that sounds great. For the money these just arent worth it. Would probably sound much better with an after market head unit though

Quick Reply: New Mopar Kicker speakers installed