Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403

Old 03-23-2014, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edit: I found this issue on earlier posts. Let the waiting game began.

Just did 2.404 update on a 2008 RER and Grace notes 4620. All the music that was on the hard drive is now gone and I can not find anyway to copy music to the hard drive. There is not a copy button while the cd is playing and when I go to "my files" and try to copy from disc the unit freezes and reboots. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by shag7265; 03-23-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Are the links still working? or is the issue I'm trying to access them with a mac? I'll try the PC tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Default 0.00 GB of 0.00 GB

My wife and I purchased a 2008 Dodge Caravan used. We love it, but we've had some issues with the 'radio'/uconnect/Mygig issue.

It shows 0.00 of 0.00 GB used. I delete pictures, it does it fast (All pictures deleted). I delete music, it goes slowwwwww then shows (all music deleted). If I do it again to music it does it fast. It seems like there was music on there and we just wiped it.

When I went to the dealership they said they didn't know of any way to fix or troubleshoot this other than purchasing a new radio which is $1750... (*eyeroll*)

It shows the following for system information.

Application Grace Notes
9.112 N/A (INIT)

Serial System
T00BE29975156 6822 006 3.3

I am going to upload some photos of it and what I have later tonight. I will also be trying to do the hard reset of Uconnect.

1- Turn on ignition w/doors closed

2- Press both buttons on mirror for 15-20 seconds

3- Shut off ignition

4- Open door for 5-10 seconds

5- Close door and restart car, Uconnect is now reset
Any advice or suggestions would rock. I downloaded the Rer_2.403.iso and will try that (if it corresponds to the correct type).
Old 03-28-2014, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharess
My wife and I purchased a 2008 Dodge Caravan used. We love it, but we've had some issues with the 'radio'/uconnect/Mygig issue.

It shows 0.00 of 0.00 GB used. I delete pictures, it does it fast (All pictures deleted). I delete music, it goes slowwwwww then shows (all music deleted). If I do it again to music it does it fast. It seems like there was music on there and we just wiped it.

When I went to the dealership they said they didn't know of any way to fix or troubleshoot this other than purchasing a new radio which is $1750... (*eyeroll*)

It shows the following for system information.

Application Grace Notes
9.112 N/A (INIT)

Serial System
T00BE29975156 6822 006 3.3

I am going to upload some photos of it and what I have later tonight. I will also be trying to do the hard reset of Uconnect.

Any advice or suggestions would rock. I downloaded the Rer_2.403.iso and will try that (if it corresponds to the correct type).
I believe your software could use an update: I'm running 9.713 on a '07 RER. Very beginning of thread has web site and instructions on how to do this. Follow instructions so you don't 'brick' your head unit. This site is a few years old and may have been taken down since company that made head unit would rather be paid. Highly suggest to keep engine running when installing.

To be honest, I wish I did not have this $1500 system. Spinning Hard Drive in a bouncing off-road jeep is a recipe for a crash. My system lost and broke my music data base twice already. To the point I don't want to spend the time to feed it CDs just so it loses it again. Occasionally but rarely turns on but refuses to output sound. I hoped the NAV and Music directory used satellite info for updates but no. In order to update maps you have to spend a few hundred every few years, and the Grace Notes take a few GB of the HD space. Now I just use my iPhone for music and maps. Good luck.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
I believe your software could use an update: I'm running 9.713 on a '07 RER. Very beginning of thread has web site and instructions on how to do this. Follow instructions so you don't 'brick' your head unit. This site is a few years old and may have been taken down since company that made head unit would rather be paid. Highly suggest to keep engine running when installing.

To be honest, I wish I did not have this $1500 system. Spinning Hard Drive in a bouncing off-road jeep is a recipe for a crash. My system lost and broke my music data base twice already. To the point I don't want to spend the time to feed it CDs just so it loses it again. Occasionally but rarely turns on but refuses to output sound. I hoped the NAV and Music directory used satellite info for updates but no. In order to update maps you have to spend a few hundred every few years, and the Grace Notes take a few GB of the HD space. Now I just use my iPhone for music and maps. Good luck.
Thanks! Apparently it's a REN model. Went to the filesharing site and am now downloading 9.292.

Thanks for the help and I hope it works. The 455mb iso download I grabbed earlier will most likely not work :( Oh well Hopefully this Zip file works. Will update on status.

Is it possible to buy a new HD and just swap it out if the HD is faulty? We don't use it for off roading, we mainly do long trips on non radio paths and such.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharess
Thanks! Apparently it's a REN model. Went to the filesharing site and am now downloading 9.292. Thanks for the help and I hope it works. The 455mb iso download I grabbed earlier will most likely not work :( Oh well Hopefully this Zip file works. Will update on status. Is it possible to buy a new HD and just swap it out if the HD is faulty? We don't use it for off roading, we mainly do long trips on non radio paths and such.
Will send PM of link.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 03-28-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

Installed 9.292 successfully.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P3282229.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	541467

Still have same HD issue :( Looked at that guide @ MyGIG: fixing the Chrysler REN MyGIG (Media Center 430) touch-screen head unit but couldn't get far enough to actually get the radio out of the vehicle, removed about 12 screws from the freaking thing but it was still encased hard in there. /boggle
Old 05-01-2014, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

After reading this ENTIRE thread and utilizing the files from page 1, I successfully updated my RER from the original 9.688 to 9.713 then to 9.807 and finally to 2.404. Update went smothly and without issue. Thanks to all for the files and valuable info!!

Keep the rubber side down!

Curtis
Old 05-02-2014, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure if I have the right versions. please help... I have the REN mygig with 9.292
Old 05-17-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Unhappy RER touchscreen unresponive during UD attempt

Burned iso disc v2.404 using nero. Loads fine. Get opening screen asking if I want to UD, but my screen won't respond to touch to start it. Touch works fine on the radio. Same prob with disc from navtech. Mine is 2009 v1.220. Any thoughts.

Quick Reply: New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403