Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Newcomdigi 52" 300watt LED Light Bar

Old 11-12-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
I bought one of these also and it has been a NIGHTMARE. It keeps shearing bolts out of the pivot. The light is too heavy for single rotating bolt mount like it has. THe passengerside broke 5 different grade 8 bolts (yes you read that right) then it snapped the whole housing out of the side. Its aluminum so copious amounts of JB weld and ANOTHER grade 8 bolt and it seems to be holding. However, the body damage on my hood and cowl hasn't been fixed yet.

You get what you pay for. If you're willing to deal with a few mount issues, you can get a great deal. The light output is just amazing. It is blindingly bright. The power cable screws with my passenger side tweeter. The wires run too close together and I get a lot of engine whine coming through the tweeter now.

Any pics on what broke? Obviously that part is a little nerve racking, but i still think its a heck of a little unit. I just dont see how it can shear the bolt off, its almost like your windshield mount would shear it because of an up and down motion (acting like a cutting force).
Old 11-12-2013, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

Sub'd, want more input! Lol
Old 11-12-2013, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepDude90
can you aim that light up a little bit?
what kind of LED did you get? spot? flood? spot flood combo?
Its a spot flood combo. 60* and 30*. It could point up a little bit more but not much to be functional still. The light could make a full 360* spin in the mount if one wanted but i just played with it till it was where i felt was best. I will play with it more and see where im actually happiest with it.

Originally Posted by J1nx93
How does the upper part of the mount attach? Any drilling required?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
No the mounts require no drilling. They use existing factory fasteners on the lower part of the mount around the bottom of the windshield. The upper part of the mount isnt bolted into the body but since its solid steel there is no need there is no play in the mounts what so ever. I have pics of how flush it fits and what bolts you remove if you would like i can post them up.

Originally Posted by RodCyn
Thanks for the pics of the lights in action. They look pretty good.

On a side note, you mentioned they were Domestic. In reading the eBay ad, they're imported. Not sure if that makes any difference, but also saw a note regarding possible additional custom taxes that may be imposed. Just a little FYI. Good luck with the light. If I were in the market for some, I'd give these some serious thought. Not a bad price indeed.

Attachment 511049
Well i did look into if it was imported before shipping domestically. It did ship domestic from Pennsylvania no custom stickers on box or anything. That supplier ships international so i do believe they were referring to customs taxes elsewhere.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by waterboy222
I bought one of these also and it has been a NIGHTMARE. It keeps shearing bolts out of the pivot. The light is too heavy for single rotating bolt mount like it has. THe passengerside broke 5 different grade 8 bolts (yes you read that right) then it snapped the whole housing out of the side. Its aluminum so copious amounts of JB weld and ANOTHER grade 8 bolt and it seems to be holding. However, the body damage on my hood and cowl hasn't been fixed yet.

You get what you pay for. If you're willing to deal with a few mount issues, you can get a great deal. The light output is just amazing. It is blindingly bright. The power cable screws with my passenger side tweeter. The wires run too close together and I get a lot of engine whine coming through the tweeter now.
What mounts are you using. My light bar fit so tight inbetween my mounts i was almost scared it wast going to fit. I am not worried at all about any bouncing movement to shear the bolts/light housing. I can barely spin it with the bolts loosened so i think that will add support. How long did it take for your to break??? I will absolutely keep an eye on it.

As far as your tweeter where did you run the wires? The interference has to be because you got to close to something. I have none what so ever sounds like it did before. I would recheck and reroute your wiring. You can see how mine is ran is yours similar?
Old 11-12-2013, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08JK316
What mounts are you using. My light bar fit so tight inbetween my mounts i was almost scared it wast going to fit. I am not worried at all about any bouncing movement to shear the bolts/light housing. I can barely spin it with the bolts loosened so i think that will add support. How long did it take for your to break??? I will absolutely keep an eye on it.

As far as your tweeter where did you run the wires? The interference has to be because you got to close to something. I have none what so ever sounds like it did before. I would recheck and reroute your wiring. You can see how mine is ran is yours similar?

What about the dreaded noise at highway speed driving that is caused by the cooling fins? Any of that to be reported? Also your honest impression of the over all fit and finish of the unit is? Does it look and feel like it should have cost a lot more than it did?
Old 11-12-2013, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

I have a Chinese 20" on hood, never noticed whistling. Curious about the finish on this. My finish turned a copper, rust color after one rainfall. Have to paint it black, fins and all. It's good now but I was annoyed. My paint still chips off it now and then.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DKJEEP
What about the dreaded noise at highway speed driving that is caused by the cooling fins? Any of that to be reported? Also your honest impression of the over all fit and finish of the unit is? Does it look and feel like it should have cost a lot more than it did?
Overall build quality seems to be great it is very heavy no parts seem flimsy. Honestly it does feel like it shouldve cost much more. By handling it there will be no way possible you would guess it was so inexpensive. I do get a slight whistle from 35-40mph but then its gone. Took a 40 mile cruise on a country highway 65-70mph right after install and i heard no whistling or noises at all. Not even any extra wind noise was noticed. But im in a soft top so theres plenty of that to begin with so maybe thats why i didnt notice any additional wind noise.

Ive washed it installed on the jeep and it hasnt discolored yet. But my jeep sits in the garage and is only outside when i take it out and thats typically never in the rain nor baking in the sun without it being dried. I will definitely keep everyone updated. If there is any certain picture request or any type of testing or request anyone would like just ask. Ill do my best to help out and give any info i can.

Im pretty picky so if anything goes south or i run into any issues i will let everyone know. But thus far its surpassed my initial expectations and im confident for the price there isnt anyone that wouldnt enjoy it. Im all about good deals, functionality, and im not a brand whore. So this unit is perfect for me.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a spot to do it, would you mind doing a night shot like you posted earlier, but from a farther distance. Say +\- 100 yards. Headlights vs light bar. This is on my Christmas list now but I'm just curious of its long distance performance (lots of deer and critters in my area.)

Thanks!
-Destin
Old 11-12-2013, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it come with all the wiring and switch? Also it show in the add being able to run just the spots or flood or both, how did you wire yours? Can you make different selections like that?
Old 11-12-2013, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

I bought a 50" light bar from ebay from australia they use the CREE led and a short test seemed to be very bright. I paid 300 with shipping from Aus to Canada but the light bar had Rivets all around just like the rigids. I was ables to include a wiring harness in that deal. And i found the mounts for 120$ on ebay. As soon as i receive my mounts ill go take some pics of the 50" lightbar vs my two Rigis D2 driving light Vs stock headlights. I also have an extra no name D2 driving light i could wire up to compare big names to ebay lights.

Quick Reply: Newcomdigi 52" 300watt LED Light Bar