Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

No Bus error displaying in odometer

Old 11-24-2014, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Bus error displaying in odometer

Got a 12JK and for about 6-8 months I've been having a weird electrical problem while driving. Randomly all the lights on the dash will light up, MPH, RPM, and Gas meters will all drop, windshield wipers will go on, radio will shut off, turn signals and air conditioning will become not useable, the engine will keep running, headlights will only be on if on before it happening and taillights will still work but no signals. But yesterday was the first time it happening as soon as I stated it up and would not stop even after multiple start ups. Drove for about several miles like that. So just wondering if anyone has had this problem or heard about it. From my research I've found it can be a loose connection or corroded wires behind the cluster box.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	585521  
Old 02-11-2015, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mine was, now fixed

I found the connectors behind the radio the culprit to mine. I have the (antiquated) ipod cable in the back of my radio. the additional bulk of wiring behind the headunit was mashed in pretty tight, and grounding out the CAN bus. I went to remove the radio, thinking it was being a problem. found the issue when i did.

Quick Reply: No Bus error displaying in odometer