Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

"Odd?" Uconnect behavior???

Old 11-13-2014, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default "Odd?" Uconnect behavior???

My '13 JK has the base radio with the Uconnect. I've had plenty of vehicles with bluetooth, but this is my first Chrysler experience.

When my phone rings, the Uconnect announces who is calling me and tells me to punch the Uconnect button to answer. Which is great. EXCEPT that I have the button on my steering wheel and on the receiver. The moment my phone rings I push the button to answer and I still have to listen to the whole speech about how to answer it before it actually connects to the call. Every other car/stereo I have had just connects as soon as you touch the answer button.

I've tried both the steering wheel button and the button on the radio itself. I've waited a moment, pushed it immediately, pushed them both, pushed them repeatedly, and every possible combination of pushing and timing scenarios. I still have to listen to the whole speech before it will connect.

Is this normal? Certainly not world-ending, but really annoying.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2014, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes that's normal.

My Ford was worse than the Jeep
Old 11-13-2014, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadc880
Yes that's normal.

My Ford was worse than the Jeep
Crap... Panasonic, Kenwood, Chevrolet, Subaru all go to the phone as soon as you push a button. This is really annoying.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by any4xx

Crap... Panasonic, Kenwood, Chevrolet, Subaru all go to the phone as soon as you push a button. This is really annoying.
my jeep is the same as is my Bros my sis in laws and my pops. The best I ever had was my 2011 ford f150. All the others in the game need to learn from ford on this. Granted sync is Microsoft so there's that going for them

Quick Reply: "Odd?" Uconnect behavior???