Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

OTRATTW Switches

Old 05-21-2014, 08:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangrove Mafia
How is everyone tapping into either the dimmable or constant power wire to light the switch? Just a Tapcon thing?
I've given up on those if its anything short of temporary. I always end up having to redo it couple a couple months - year down the road. I cut the wire and then splice it back together with one side having 2 wires coming out of it, used a butt connector.

(Off google images)
http://image.moparmusclemagazine.com...or%2Bwires.jpg
Old 05-22-2014, 03:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Vladimer... that's a good tip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2014, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Phunkeydude
So I got my switch pod and rockers and did a little write up on my steps. Maybe this will help some others. I love my custom switches!

Installing Contura V Laser Etched Rockers In A Rugged Ridge A-Pillar Switch Pod.

Step 1 - Cut openings for switches in switch pod. Use tool of your choice. Score cut lines with an utility knife or if you have a steady hand, a dremel with a small cutting disk makes easy work of it.
Step 2 - Decide the order of your switches from top to bottom. Slide switches partially into openings.
Step 3 - You will observe that the rockers on the switches are thicker in the center so they push on each other not allowing them to properly mount in the openings on switch pod.
Step 4 - Remove the rockers from the switch bases using the special rocker tool.
Step 5 - Push switch bases into switch pod until they click and lock into place. They should be flush and evenly lined up.
Step 6 - Sand the edges of the rockers down. Focus on the center of the edge of the rocker as this is the area that causes them not to flush mount on top of each other. Starting with your bottom rocker, work your way up one by one. Note that the bottom rocker will only be sanded on its top edge, the two middle rockers with have both edged sanded and the top rocker will only have its bottom edge sanded.
Step 7 - Once you have sanded all edges of the rockers, test fitting as you go along, use a black sharpie marker to color in the white sanded edges.
Step 8 - Pop all your rockers onto switch bases until they click into place. Now your ready to install the switch pod in your Jeep following the Rugged Ridge instructions.
Old post, but thanks for the step by step! I fit mine to the A pillar trim tonight and love them. I will start wiring them tomorrow.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody have any suggestions on how to dim the switches? Mine are already attached to the dash dimmer circuit, but they're still too bright for my taste..Thinking of putting a dab of paint on the bulbs to dim them a touch....

Quick Reply: OTRATTW Switches