Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Parking light / dimmer circuit location

Old 08-25-2014, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Parking light / dimmer circuit location

So I bought some OTRATTW switches and am in the process of installing them. I have read that many people are hooking the independent LED on the switch to the Orange wire with gray tracer for this so that the switch lights come on with the parking lights.

My question is, where about is this wire found. logic would tell me I could trace it off the steering column, but I have seen threads saying behind the HVAC system (meaning the controls? or the actual HVAC hardware behind the passenger dash?), behind the glove box, and "under the dash" (vague at its finest). So does anyone have the specific location of this wire (or it's easiest access point) so that I don't chew up my harness looking for this?

Thanks much.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For sure! I heard a rumor about it being in the driver side footwell but I skipped that spot since it is a pain to work at.

The wire also goes into the power window switch in the center of the dash. That is where I got it from, it was easier to reach on the 08, less pieces to remove. On the new interior the disassmbly is rather different. I used this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYcZ3iKaA04
Old 08-26-2014, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks. The window switch is easy to get out so I will check that.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheEngineer13
Thanks. The window switch is easy to get out so I will check that.
I taped on the window switch orange and gray stripe wire

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3719360051.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	573074

Switches dim perfect.

Quick Reply: Parking light / dimmer circuit location