Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Personally installed sound system.

Old 09-02-2014, 02:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Very nice. I've looked at that amp but worried about under powering the speakers as the rms rating at 4ohms per speaker is pretty low. Install looks great.
40 watts RMS per channel at 4 OHMS is pretty adequate. Even with the top off at highway speeds. Especially if you pair them with the same line of kicker speakers or even a line above. Not to mention Kicker is known for under rating their specs.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJJInxman
40 watts RMS per channel at 4 OHMS is pretty adequate. Even with the top off at highway speeds. Especially if you pair them with the same line of kicker speakers or even a line above. Not to mention Kicker is known for under rating their specs.
What's the rms rating if the speakers though. I hear and read it's better to match the 2 rms ratings or have higher rating on the amp. Don't want to underpower the speakers. I could be wrong or misunderstood.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanna give this one a bump.

Quick Reply: Personally installed sound system.