Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Piaa 530 led fogs

Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a lot of light... Just wished the holes where filled more! Is there a way to make a round bracket and spray it black to fill the gap? Kinda like Ridgid has?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THE HULK
Looks like a lot of light... Just wished the holes where filled more! Is there a way to make a round bracket and spray it black to fill the gap? Kinda like Ridgid has?
Thats what I'm gonna try and do, I'll have to see what difference it makes with the new bumper I've been waiting on since the middle of September, I'll probably have metal inserts made that fill the gap. Even still they are growing on me due to the light output.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool... I'd love to see how the Ridgid brackets would work by rounding them out.. Keep us posted as I'm going to be selling my Ridgid Dually's that I've never even opened because I want the round look.. Wasn't much into the round peg in the square hole.. Lol
Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any update on these? I have Truck Lite headlights and I too am looking for an LED fog light to match. Plus I want to supplement the low beams on the Trucklites, because I think it's kind of weak. I have an AEV front bumper so I'm going to alter the fog mounting bracket to accept these. When you say the light is more "diffused" than stock, what do you mean? From your posts, it sounds like they're putting out more light. Is it substantially more light? I also have a pair of eBay projector fogs that I never installed. I was going to put a DDM Tuning hid kit in those. With the perfectly flat cutoff, I was hoping to aim them high enough to be a true supplement to my low beams. Then I read that some guys' housings were melting from the heat of the hid bulbs, so I never did it. Any thought either way on which would be better? I like the thought of matching LED lighting, but the usable light output is even more important to me. The Trucklite low beams, although better than stock, are not nearly as good as the high beams. And as good as the high beams are, i still supplemented those with a set of Rigid D2 driving lights, so when I flip on my high beams, it's incredibly good lighting. As a result, when I then switch to my low beams, sometimes it looks like I turned my lights off altogether, ha. I want really good lighting, regardless of expense. OEM BMW HID lighting is what I'm shooting for as a standard, if you've even see it, it's about as perfect as it gets for road use.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Ok, well these lights are great. They project alot of light and almost can serve as the headlights. I have JW. Speakers and between those and the fogs I have a wall of light in front of me. How the piaa' s work is that the led is aimed toward the rear and reflected outward rather than forward like most led's. The reflectors also due a nice job spreading the beams so they appear more difused than most led's do....more like normal fogs only way, way brighter. The color is just ever so slightly blue compared to the JW Speakers, but overall a huge improvement over stock. I have had them connected to the factory wiring for awhile now with no issue whatsoever. No blinking either. For $200.00 it is worth it.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Thanks TJM. I'm ordering mine now.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bobholthaus
Thanks TJM. I'm ordering mine now.
Great choice! Let me know how you like them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3410374931.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	408409

Name:	image-502795609.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	408410

Name:	image-3677008047.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	408411
Old 01-17-2013, 08:26 PM
JK Freak

I received mine today. It's amazing that the lens almost looks like the Trucklites, with the horizontal break (I need to snap a pic of that). Below are shots from my garage. They put out a very thin, wide, perfectly rectangular light. It's too bad that PIAA couldn't figure out how to get the horizontal cutoff on top but then some spread down below, like a true projector lens. These are going to take some custom welding to get installed, so give me a week or two and I'll get them in. I know for sure that the look will compliment my Trucklites perfectly, but I'm not certain how much I'll love the light output. At first glance, it's realty bright, but I wished it spread a little more in front of the vehicle. Maybe it will stretch further when mounted low in the bumper. I may just end up aiming these directly where my low beams are as I really just want to supplement my low beams. The last shot is on the inside of my garage door from the front of my garage; the light output was exactly as tall as that section of garage door.

Name:	image-3650140827.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	410645

Name:	image-635814561.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	410646

Name:	image-2239325281.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	410647

Name:	image-2696822910.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	410648

Name:	image-377250633.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	410649

Name:	image-696800949.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	410650
Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Will these mount up to stock fog location?? Or will I need brackets?? Thanks
Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by THE HULK
Will these mount up to stock fog location?? Or will I need brackets?? Thanks
What I did.... was take apart the stock fogs, and used the housing to mount the new lights into, worked good but the lights are smaller and don't quite fill the stock holes on the factory bumper do you may want to make an adapter.

Quick Reply: Piaa 530 led fogs