Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Pioneer NEX radios what's the right one?

Old 10-09-2015, 02:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't watch anything as I drive l, but I have a manual and didn't want to have to e-brake for any features and wanted everything done at once. The removable face was a deal closer for me as I have the tuffy underseat lock box which fits my Sig p229 and radio faceplate.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gbodybanks
I don't watch anything as I drive l, but I have a manual and didn't want to have to e-brake for any features and wanted everything done at once.
I too have a manual. Would not drive any thing else given the choice. Too muck fun. I will now have to consider this part for my upgrade.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Per your request. I skipped the Sirius antenna bs. Buy the Sirius app for your phone for like $4 a month and stream it via Bluetooth. You can then also take it anywhere (office, house...etc). The Sirius adapter is not worth the price in my opinion. I did the install myself and had never done one before. Very easy. However you will immediately find your speakers lacking. I wanted reasonably priced and easy so I ended up getting the kicker upgrade from mopar.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1391464805.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	466.7 KB
ID:	626847  

Last edited by A.W.D.eLussey; 10-09-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Interesting concept on the sirius...I just paid the $20 for the antennae and you only use a portion if you already had a sirius antennae. (Which i did) I did find from using my phone for GPS so much, and having the GPS on all the time, that I have to be more careful of my Internet usage.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Not Very Apply like, Tell me I'm wrong.

So funny enough my brother just put a Pioneer 4000 NEX in his Audi. I only saw it for 5 minutes and he did not even know how to use it yet. but form the little I did play with his 4000 it did not seem to very Apple like, meaning I could nor pinch to zoom the maps and such. He did not know how to mirror yet I am very interested in trying to use the apps I already have for traffic and GPS. From the little I did play the Apple GPS felt very lacking. Please tell me I'm wrong. Does the 8100 operated better with pinch to zoom and all?

I plan to get another crack at the the 4000 next time I see my brother, but that is not too often.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

I use android auto to connect to my radio, there is no pinch zoom for mine using Android auto it has a + and -
Old 10-12-2015, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

I have the 4100nex and mine has the pinch zoom with Android Auto.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:53 AM
JK Newbie

You guys sound like a bunch of girly men talking about pinch zoom lmao
Old 10-13-2015, 03:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaJigIsUp
Have you ever pinch zoomed? Don't knock it till you try it. She'll thank you for it.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DaJigIsUp
If you were going to drop close to a grand on something your telling me you would not research it fully or can you drop a grand here and there and not care?

I know my family if it is not easy to use I will have to rip it out and get the cold shoulder for quite some time. Not worth the headache.

But I do get your point it does sound funny I'll give you that. Pinch and zoom not the normal JK talk of 4:1 or how big of tires will fit.

Quick Reply: Pioneer NEX radios what's the right one?