Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Pioneer NEX radios what's the right one?

Old 11-11-2015, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4100

Installed the 4100 this weekend with the idatalink maestro and the jeep wiring harness (2015 JKUR)... all the steering wheel buttons work as does the usb in the console - much better than the basic model that it came with... and speakers and an amp ......very happy
Old 11-12-2015, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gerry2153
Installed the 4100 this weekend with the idatalink maestro and the jeep wiring harness (2015 JKUR)... all the steering wheel buttons work as does the usb in the console - much better than the basic model that it came with... and speakers and an amp ......very happy
I just did the same install and my steering wheel phone button doesn't answer or hang up the phone. But I messed with the default settings when flashing the Maestro. Can you share your button settings?
Old 11-13-2015, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by any4xx
I just did the same install and my steering wheel phone button doesn't answer or hang up the phone. But I messed with the default settings when flashing the Maestro. Can you share your button settings?
I just did the basic setup on the maestro - not sure how to find them now -
phone button seems to work as normal when on bluetooth connection- on AA it does nothing....
Old 11-14-2015, 11:10 PM
JK Newbie

Folks - I'm also looking at the NEX. Can you tell me what things will no longer work?

I.e.

- Nav directions on the dash evic display?
- voice commands thru unconnect?
- Siri thru Bluetooth ?

I don't know - just asking.. I want to understand the trade offs..

Thank you
Old 11-14-2015, 11:17 PM
JK Newbie

So I have a question on this. How did you connect the 4 cameras? I have 3 with a lock pick today - but the 8100'only supports 2 cameras.. Is there a video switcher or other box you are using?

Originally Posted by rdavi
Glad to hear you like it after several months that is a good break in period. I have a whole 4 camera system so I would definitely connect it to the radio that was never a doubt. The micro bypass is to defeat the brake feature do you can watch videos or whatever as you drive. I can't see watching anything as I drive, are there any other benefits to it!

Quick Reply: Pioneer NEX radios what's the right one?