Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Planning my total sound system upgrade..old school style!

Old 07-13-2013, 09:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was be optimal angled correctly at the windshield to get the best response. I just need to get some gear together and do it
Old 07-14-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Flat panel center channel speaker install.

Center Channel Speaker Spectral Response measurement in JK:
What's the response of that speaker? Also what's the impedance?
Old 07-14-2013, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bombout800
What's the response of that speaker? Also what's the impedance?
I actually haven't been able to find any specs on this speaker. I went to the local Kia dealer and listened to it in the Sedona ceiling behind the sunroof. It sounds very good. This is the same speaker that is being used in the new top of the line BMW Logic 7 System also. The dealership said that it should be a 2-4 ohm channel from the amp, so I should be good either way.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Davesrb

I actually haven't been able to find any specs on this speaker. I went to the local Kia dealer and listened to it in the Sedona ceiling behind the sunroof. It sounds very good. This is the same speaker that is being used in the new top of the line BMW Logic 7 System also. The dealership said that it should be a 2-4 ohm channel from the amp, so I should be good either way.
So how are you going to get one? Are you going to order one from the Kia or BMW dealer? I would guess the Kia part is far less expensive. Please post pics along the way or start a build thread so I can watch. Thanks
Old 07-15-2013, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mattk11
So how are you going to get one? Are you going to order one from the Kia or BMW dealer? I would guess the Kia part is far less expensive. Please post pics along the way or start a build thread so I can watch. Thanks
Yep, I ordered one from the Kia dealership. They actually use 2 versions of this speaker in their upgraded sound system, one in the roof behind the sunroof and two as rear seat area speakers. BMW wont sell theirs unless you have the VIN number from a car equipped with the Logic 7 system. I have a friend who works for a BMW dealership working on getting me one of theirs. Not that I need two, but I wanted to see if there was any difference. I figure I can always sell the extra if I end up with it. I will post up as things progress...
Old 07-15-2013, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Yep, I ordered one from the Kia dealership. They actually use 2 versions of this speaker in their upgraded sound system, one in the roof behind the sunroof and two as rear seat area speakers. BMW wont sell theirs unless you have the VIN number from a car equipped with the Logic 7 system. I have a friend who works for a BMW dealership working on getting me one of theirs. Not that I need two, but I wanted to see if there was any difference. I figure I can always sell the extra if I end up with it. I will post up as things progress...
What did they charge you for one?
Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

What did they charge you for one?
$139.00 delivered, $5.00 for the grill/cover.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 PM
JK Super Freak

I knew a guy who did two of these type of speakers in his a pillars and it was sooooo clean and smooth. Played down to about 70hz and up to about 15k from what he said I heard rap and dub step and it was clean and loud. I don't remember what he was powering them with though
Old 07-26-2013, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

$139.00 delivered, $5.00 for the grill/cover.
Did you get the speaker? I am really curious how this works out for you. May want to try something similar.

Also, can you let me know the part number?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2013, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you get the speaker? I am really curious how this works out for you. May want to try something similar.

Also, can you let me know the part number?

Thanks
Hey, sorry. I just saw this. Yes, I have it in. Pretty cool little thing. The magnet structure surrounds the speaker membrane. The part number from Kia is p/n 96360v.

Dave

Quick Reply: Planning my total sound system upgrade..old school style!