Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Please Help Rugged Ridge XHD Bumper WITHOUT factory fog lights

Old 01-09-2014, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help Rugged Ridge XHD Bumper WITHOUT factory fog lights

Ok guys I have a Rugged Ridge XHD front bumper without factory fog lights. I ordered the Mopar Fog Lamp Kit and received today. It appears that the cable is too short to reach from the TIPM to the holes for the lights in the bumper??????? Am I just not routing the cable correctly or do I need some type of extension for them to work. Please let me know if you have this set up. Thanks so much!!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:26 AM
JK Newbie

I have the XHD front bumper with Inspired Engineering's cube fog lights. I didn't have to go through the TIPM since IE provided their own relay and fuse. That said, they provided plenty of wire so that someone would be able to run it however they wanted. It's hard to believe that mopar wouldn't provide ample length cables. You could try to re-route yours to save space. Or you could make your own extension, it isn't that hard. Basic soldering skills and some wire.

Good luck.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Whoops. Figured it out. Just long enough with some creative routing.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this is sorta relevant. Does anyone know the thread and size for the nuts that fit on the posts for the fog lights? I have an RR XHD that I've had for years now, but never had fog lights (I got that one JK they made with no fogs, no power windows and door locks, and no center console ). I finally got a set of fog lights (like the factory ones) for xmas, but since I didn't have fogs before, I don't have the nuts that fit on those posts to hold the fog light housing to the bumper. Anyone know the nut size so I can run to the hardware store and grab some?

Thanks and happy new year,
Vinny
Old 01-02-2017, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by vgullotta
Sorry to revive an old thread, but this is sorta relevant. Does anyone know the thread and size for the nuts that fit on the posts for the fog lights? I have an RR XHD that I've had for years now, but never had fog lights (I got that one JK they made with no fogs, no power windows and door locks, and no center console ). I finally got a set of fog lights (like the factory ones) for xmas, but since I didn't have fogs before, I don't have the nuts that fit on those posts to hold the fog light housing to the bumper. Anyone know the nut size so I can run to the hardware store and grab some? Thanks and happy new year, Vinny
I know they are tiny lol
Old 01-03-2017, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's M3 in case anyone comes in the future looking for the answer =)

Quick Reply: Please Help Rugged Ridge XHD Bumper WITHOUT factory fog lights