Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power Door Lock Upgrade Wiring Question

Old 01-25-2014, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Door Lock Upgrade Wiring Question

So I have started the conversion to power locks on my 09 JKU. I got the first lock and harness installed last night. It was actually quite easy overall.

The harness I bought was the 68005005AC. The vehicle side is the 2-pin harness because it didn't have the power option. I need to locate the male side of the connector with pigtail so I can wire in the rest to my remote start. I think it's a 05013956AA but would like to be sure before ordering. Can anyone confirm?

This is a pic of the door (female) side:

Old 01-25-2014, 08:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking in to adding power door locks, but I'm don't know the answer to your question. Just looking for the best way to pull this off myself:
Old 01-26-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

I'm going to do a quick write up once I'm done. There is information scattered all about. Some of which is helpful, some not so much. Having it in one place would be great IMO. Maybe it'll save someone the endless hours I have spent researching what turns out to be a very simple question.

The common answer to this one is "make your own". Yeah, I could chop up the harness I just bought, hope I don't decide on power windows some day and be right back in the same boat. Or use some cheap connector I have to replace each year because my doors are on and off so many times each summer.

I found one of the connectors in question for $16. I may just order one and try it. I suppose the right thing to do would be go to the stealership with one of the harnesses and dig through until I find one. But then I'll feel obligated to buy it and I know they'll want $50 or more for it. The Chrysler dealer nearest me charges *above* retail for parts. Hate that place...

I'm hoping someone here has done it and has the part number kicking around. I know AtlJeepsTer does but he seems to be MIA which is really too bad. That guy knows his stuff when it comes to OEM wiring and parts.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,

The connectors in question can not be bought at dealer. Even if you have the part number. You would have to find the Supplier and buy them. I have already done this swap once. I can get you the part number, but its a no go.

This is the easiest route to have every thing work like factory. I am bias to this way due to having done this swap, and similar swaps on other cars with kits. Your jeep already has the program in it to control the windows and door locks. I recommend getting the dash harness, body harness, pwr door actuators, window motor carrier with motor, and door panels.

This is why it the easiest. Its all plug and play. An in a matter of hours you can have it swapped and back on the road. An every thing works and is factory. Now the TIPM already has the relays built in to run windows and door locks. The door switch is mux signal and can not be used with a 12v signal. The windows switches work right off the bat and you can get the trim bezel out of a wrecking yard for next to nothing. Most parts can be bought out of wrecking yards for cheap. But I highly recommend getting the Dash and Body harness new, some yards cut these and you might not know till its to late.

I did my swap on a 4dr in 2 events. I did the dash harness on one day and a week later did the body harness in about 4 hours. The doors take about 30 min each. First door might take you longer if you never done it before. But everything is all ready to go not cursing or splicing wires. This in its self is the best part. Assuming you find the connectors your still going to have to build relay packs for windows and door lock. So for a 2dr that is 4 relays for windows and 2 for the locks. And for a 4dr its 8 for windows and 2 for locks. Now on top of that youll need switches for both and a place to mount them. Then run wires to the tail gate and to the new connector.

The parts can be off set by selling your old parts. In total while installing power windows, power locks, remote start, and misc parts I was under 1800 before selling old parts. I bought all elec parts new from dealer. After off set of selling old parts for people building doors I was only into it about 1000. I know that sound a little high, but every thing can be fixed at dealer or with parts easily found.

An if you want to save lots of money check ebay. Door parts you can get dirt cheap. An if you know the interchange you can get part from other cars. I think I might have some parts left over. Let me know, I can check or help you build a list of parts. Also I can send you a link to some dealers who ship and who sale 10% over cost, not 10% over retail. I paid around 350 for a 650 dash harness and paid 150 for a 300 body harness. That was a bulk of the cost. An door lock actuators ran about 60each for the 80 retail. An the remote start kit was in total 300 due to haveing to buy misc parts.

PM me if I can help.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default power locks and windows

I have found all of the door peices but I guess need a dash harness to connect? I have a 2012 sport 2 door. Can you help me find the correct harness.? And send me some liinks to those dealers offerinf cost+?
Old 11-15-2014, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98jeepboy
PM me if I can help.
Why not just post your part list if you still have it? =]

Quick Reply: Power Door Lock Upgrade Wiring Question