Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power Source in Dash??

Old 10-26-2014, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Source in Dash??

Whatsup everyone! I bought this PA system with a speaker that's makes noises, it's called the Wolo 345. So my problem is that the wires with the package are very short, so I wanted to see if I could just do all the setup really simple. I know where I'm going to put the ground wire and the wire that connects the speaker and system. my only problem is that the red power wire is to short to reach the battery. Is there a dash board wire that could give power to this instead of connecting it to the battery? I was thinking of installing the PA system below the steering wheel, like where you're knees are when you drive.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

Really the only safe place is to wire it into the cig lighter plug. Anywhere else you might "steal" power from will probably annoy your CanBus.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

There is a good write up on using a fuse tap in the tipm on the forum, just do a search. The cig lighter also works but the fuse tap is a pretty clean install and you don't have to use a T - tap in the cig power wire...which most people do, even though it is fine, it's not the preferred method I have found from my research.

Last edited by headrock; 11-04-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Source in Dash??