Default Power Window Problem

Yesterday I had a strange problem with my front power windows; I started the Jeep ('08 unlimited) and tried to lower the front windows, but nothing happened. I tried several times but nothing budged. I tried the rear windows and they worked fine. I flipped the child lock a few times and still got nothing. I turned the Jeep off and turned it back on and the windows worked fine. Any ideas on what happened? I have had the Jeep a couple of years now (25K miles) with no issues.
    '08 Unlimited Rubicon
    TeraFlex HD budget boost
    ProComp 8128 (17X9)
    315/70R17 Mickey Thompson MTZ
    LoD winch bumper
    LoD Signature Series rear bumper/tire carrier
    Warn 9.5ti.
    Piaa lights

NORTHRIDGE4X4

This happened to a mustang I had. The window wouldn't go up after I had it down. Car had about 15k miles on it. I was going on a first date and ended up having to take another car. I left it down and the next day it worked. It never happened again and I owned the car for 3 more years and put about 35k more miles on it without any issues. In the end, I ended up dating the girl for 2 years and was a horrible relationship with a real biotch. Looking back I think the window not working was a sign, I should have cancelled the date.

hopefully this is not a sign! it happened at work--maybe i should quit my job!
    '08 Unlimited Rubicon
    TeraFlex HD budget boost
    ProComp 8128 (17X9)
    315/70R17 Mickey Thompson MTZ
    LoD winch bumper
    LoD Signature Series rear bumper/tire carrier
    Warn 9.5ti.
    Piaa lights

NORTHRIDGE4X4

JK Newbie

My dodge company car does wierd stuff like that all the time, must be a Chrysler thing!
    08 Rubicon - For Sale
    All Factory parts installed
    Chrysler air still in the tires
    Aftemarket visor mirror installed on passenger side visor

JK Newbie

The same thing happened to me with my 2 door a few months ago. It was the only time it has happened. I tried turning it off then back on and they worked right away. I never tried to figure out the cause since it hasnt been a problem since.

JK Newbie

That happened last year on my '08 Sahara, but has happened since. It happened on both the front and rear windows though. I shut off the Jeep at a light, restarted and been fine ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by silver rubicon View Post
    Yesterday I had a strange problem with my front power windows; I started the Jeep ('08 unlimited) and tried to lower the front windows, but nothing happened. I tried several times but nothing budged. I tried the rear windows and they worked fine. I flipped the child lock a few times and still got nothing. I turned the Jeep off and turned it back on and the windows worked fine. Any ideas on what happened? I have had the Jeep a couple of years now (25K miles) with no issues.
    I had the same exact thing happen, once on a sunny day and about 8 months later on a rainy day. A key cycle took care of it both times. First time window was down second it was up.

When I went to the dealer for an oil change I talked with a tech who said the only thing he could think of is that the switch has a temp control so that u can not over load the circuit by using the window a lot. This would in turn burn up the motor. He said this could be tripping and that's why the key cyccle may fix it. I told him I wasn't using the window and then he had no answer. Next time I'll drive it to the dealer and not shut it off.

It is a strange problem

Had same problem today on my '08, cycling corrected as well! Very weird!

Happened to me a few months after purchase with 4,000 miles on it. 09 unlimited. happened only once and only the front windows

JK Newbie

my 2008 4dr did it the other week, i cycled the key and all 4 windows were still inop, they didnt start working till i pulled the battery cables, i think theres a relay module that controls all 4 window and i guess there pron to glitch's just like every other computer
    northridge4x4

11. Default JK-Forum