Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Quadratec Stealth vs. Standard, Gen I vs. Gen II

Old 02-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Quadratec Stealth vs. Standard, Gen I vs. Gen II

Hi all,

Almost daily I see some confusion regarding our Quadratec LED headlights and the differences between them. We have had 4 different variants of these headlights over the past few years:

-Gen I Standard
-Gen I Stealth
-Gen II Standard
-Gen II Stealth

While in our shop today I noticed a Gen I Standard and Gen II Stealth sitting on the table. I decided to take a photo and post it here so everyone can see the aesthetic differences..

Here is the photo - pardon the cell phone quality!

On the LEFT is our Gen I Standard light. On the RIGHT is our Gen II Stealth light.

Standard vs. Stealth: The Standard version of our LED headlights has a silver "Q" logo and allen bolt heads. The Stealth version has a blacked out "Q" logo and allen bolt heads. This is the only difference. Output is identical, reflector design is identical.

Gen II Standard:

Quadratec® Gen II LED Headlights for 07-17 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK | Quadratec

Gen II Stealth:

Quadratec® Gen II Stealth LED Headlights for 07-17 Jeep Wrangler JK | Quadratec

Gen I vs. Gen II: Our Gen I lights are a great light! But, we were looking to improve their functionality even more. We did this by slightly adjusting the reflector for a better beam pattern and cutoff. We also wanted to boost the light output with new LED chips. The Gen II uses one 15 watt LED chip for low. When you go to high beam, four additional 3 watt LED's add to the output.

The LED Low-Beam chip producing 81% MORE Lumens with a 92% INCREASE in Illuminating Distance over Original Equipment (halogen).

The LED Low-Beam chip producing 88% MORE Lumens with a 61% INCREASE in Illuminating Distance over Original Equipment (halogen).

Lumens Output (High Beam): 1198 Lumens vs. 638 from the factory.
Lumens Output (Low Beam): 732 Lumens vs. 404 from the factory.
Illuminating Distance (High Beam): 634 Yards vs. 393 from the factory.
Illuminating Distance (Low Beam): 284 Yards vs. 148 from the factory.
Current Draw: 2.15 Amps vs 5.25 from the factory.
Bulb Life: 30,000 Hours Estimated vs. 320 from the factory.

If anyone has any other questions please let me know.

Thanks!

-Rick
Old 02-25-2017, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'd be better getting a pair of TruckLites or JW Speaker LEDs.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Macman1138
You'd be better getting a pair of TruckLites or JW Speaker LEDs.
I've had both the gen I and currently the gen II stealth lights and absolutely love them. They are one of the best bangs for your buck on the market. I've ridden in a jeep with trucklites and thought they were total rubbish. My best friend has the jw speakers and he thinks my lights are brighter... the jw speakers are great lights, just not nearly twice as good as the Quadratec lights.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:33 AM
JK Freak

Default Quadratec lites

Originally Posted by d. gage
I've had both the gen I and currently the gen II stealth lights and absolutely love them. They are one of the best bangs for your buck on the market. I've ridden in a jeep with trucklites and thought they were total rubbish. My best friend has the jw speakers and he thinks my lights are brighter... the jw speakers are great lights, just not nearly twice as good as the Quadratec lights.
Any issues with these? Flickering or so-on? Did you need a harness? Now for the other question... Did you ever find the fog or driving lites you could run upside down? (we spoke about this)
Old 02-26-2017, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saharaharry
Any issues with these? Flickering or so-on? Did you need a harness? Now for the other question... Did you ever find the fog or driving lites you could run upside down? (we spoke about this)
I have the Quadratec LED dogs as well and haven't had a problem with either. No flicker and they both came with the harness. As for the driving lights, I haven't looked much lately as I just did an AEV lift, 35s and new wheels as well. Trying not to have my wife divorce me... haha. With that said, I do think an LED driving light would work upside down because of the cone shaped projection they give off.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by quadratec
Hi all,

Almost daily I see some confusion regarding our Quadratec LED headlights and the differences between them. We have had 4 different variants of these headlights over the past few years:

Gen I vs. Gen II: Our Gen I lights are a great light! But, we were looking to improve their functionality even more. We did this by slightly adjusting the reflector for a better beam pattern and cutoff. We also wanted to boost the light output with new LED chips. The Gen II uses one 15 watt LED chip for low. When you go to high beam, four additional 3 watt LED's add to the output.

The LED Low-Beam chip producing 81% MORE Lumens with a 92% INCREASE in Illuminating Distance over Original Equipment (halogen).

The LED Low-Beam chip producing 88% MORE Lumens with a 61% INCREASE in Illuminating Distance over Original Equipment (halogen).

Lumens Output (High Beam): 1198 Lumens vs. 638 from the factory.
Lumens Output (Low Beam): 732 Lumens vs. 404 from the factory.
Illuminating Distance (High Beam): 634 Yards vs. 393 from the factory.
Illuminating Distance (Low Beam): 284 Yards vs. 148 from the factory.
Current Draw: 2.15 Amps vs 5.25 from the factory.
Bulb Life: 30,000 Hours Estimated vs. 320 from the factory.

If anyone has any other questions please let me know.

Thanks!

-Rick
Hi. I am considering ordering the Gen II head/fog kit. But I have a couple questions:
1) I am in Minnesota and snow collection is a concern I have. Can you comment on this? Have you received many complaints about snow collecting?
2) I have read that installing LED headlights increases the chances of oncoming drivers flashing their brights because they think your high beams are on. Has Quadratec addressed this in the Gen II design?

Thank you.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:55 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

Originally Posted by emtgreg
Hi. I am considering ordering the Gen II head/fog kit. But I have a couple questions:
1) I am in Minnesota and snow collection is a concern I have. Can you comment on this? Have you received many complaints about snow collecting?
2) I have read that installing LED headlights increases the chances of oncoming drivers flashing their brights because they think your high beams are on. Has Quadratec addressed this in the Gen II design?

Thank you.
You might want to call Quadratec if you want a quick answer. I'm sure they'll get around to this post, but not sure how timely.

I would note that Trucklite is the only one with a heating element incorporated in the lens. I believe they have a patent on that. If I lived in MN snow accumulation would be a major concern. That alone would drive me to Trucklites. To your comment about brightness, I think that is just an issue with LEDs in general, and not necessarily anything that the manufacturers are correcting with some housing design. It's just a byproduct of the color of light the LEDs put out in contrast to the darkness. I think you see that in LED lights across many vehicle makes/models. I'm extremely conscious about this issue with my JW speakers. There seems to be a very fine line of being able to see well and not totally pissing everyone else off. My last trip to Big Bend I made it through the two lane roads out in pitch dark west Texas and only 1 person flashed me! I called that success!
Old 05-04-2017, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
I would note that Trucklite is the only one with a heating element incorporated in the lens. I believe they have a patent on that. If I lived in MN snow accumulation would be a major concern. That alone would drive me to Trucklites.
I'm in MN, and did research. I ended up going with the 2017 MOPAR lights from Quadratec (only ones I could find with them in stock).

Even with the original stock lights, in really bad storms I had to stop and clean them off. I don't expect the LEDs to be any worse or better then the current halogens as far as that goes... but after next winter we'll know for sure.

Quick Reply: Quadratec Stealth vs. Standard, Gen I vs. Gen II