Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Radio / Navagation shut off

Old 09-11-2011, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine hasn't completely shut off but it flickered and I noticed that the NAV info was incorrect down to the wrong city. Has only happend once but I hope that isn't a hint of things to come. Good luck.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah I hope not because I only have 10,000 miles on mine in two years and only one trip out west in it. Kinda sad if the darn stereo isn't trail rated!!
Old 09-11-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Anyone know what a VO-184 DTC code
The flashpack says loss of communication with radio
All fuses are good and it won't clear on the flashpack
Old 09-11-2011, 09:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Nobody ever seen this code ?!?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snopro269
Nobody ever seen this code ?!?
i google it and nothing did u check with ur dealer (still in waranty right)
Old 09-12-2011, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah it is I am bringing it this AM I just wanted to see if it was something easy to fix
Old 09-12-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Brought my jeep into dealership today and they found the same code as I did and also could not clear the code
They then put it on a main system computer and did a reset and it fixed it
Old 11-19-2011, 03:42 AM
JK Freak

Recently experienced on my 2010 Rubicon of my radio completely shut off as I was driving on a perfectly paved road. Battery connections good, fuses good, no loose wiring found. I also disconnected the battery to reset everything as well. After pretty much giving up and deciding to bring into dealership the next day, The radio turned on and was working perfectly the next day. Anyone else experienced this? I am just over 10,000 miles and still under warranty but i think they won't find anything and was curious if anyone else has had this.
I have a 2008 JKU, and I have the same issue. About each 3 or 4 months, the radio does't work for 24 jours, and it's working the next day. No error codes, I have no explanation.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

i have a 2011 and have been haveing issues with my radio shutting off too for the last couple months. it would shut its self off i would turn it on ... it would go off again might happen once or twice or five times then it would be fine for a few days. it seamed to happen more if it was very cold out, wet or unpaved roads. BUT THIS MORRNING..... it was cold when i got off work. the windshield was frosted.. got in started jeep, hit the defrost radio was working. windshield was defrosting so i put my ws wipers on and nothing... did not move or make any noise. i thought well mabey they was frozen.. they was not. so i let the rest of the ws defrost all the way and was going to wipe it off with a rag and go home. decided to role windows down... nothing no power. figured it was a fuse problem and could fix it when i got home. went to put the jeep in geer and it would not let me! got out my book and everything i was having issues with was on the j fuse pack. while i was looking at the book the jeep died. I thought well crap lol. i let it set for a minuet and tried the key, it started and everything worked. nothing was reset clock radio stations ect but all worked. i drove home with no issued. when i got home i checked the fuses none was loose or blown. takeing it to the dealer wed or thurs. i figure it is a short or a loose in one of the wire harnesses.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Radio shuts off while driving

Mine won't come back on now
Hey brother, did you ever got his resolve? I have an 07 JK with Pioneer GPS and it keeps shutting off for last several weeks now. The best way for me to resolve is disconnecting the battery cables, clean it, hook it back up and radio will work again. But lately, it has continue too frequently that I got tired of disconnecting the battery procedures. Have you or has anyone else able to resolve this? I'm tempting to pull the system out and check on the wiring, its a pain in the butt considering I've got the system covered with the Tuffy Lock system.

Quick Reply: Radio / Navagation shut off