Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Raxiom or Rosen

Old 11-19-2014, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raxiom or Rosen

Need help deciding between the rosen cs-cr1210-us http://www.amazon.com/CarShow-CS-CR1.../dp/B00DMN48D2 and the Raxiom Raxiom Wrangler GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-Up Camera J101300 (07-15 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping . I called extreme terrain and the guy I talked to was very nice but couldnt quite tell me why their Raxiom model was better than the Rosen.

These 2 units seem VERY similar. I thought I was set on the Rosen. I need actually experience with these. Can you guys tell me what you went with, or what you know on differences.

And best price where you bought yours
Old 11-20-2014, 05:41 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 305Jeep
Need help deciding between the rosen cs-cr1210-us http://www.amazon.com/CarShow-CS-CR1.../dp/B00DMN48D2 and the Raxiom Raxiom Wrangler GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-Up Camera J101300 (07-15 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping . I called extreme terrain and the guy I talked to was very nice but couldnt quite tell me why their Raxiom model was better than the Rosen.

These 2 units seem VERY similar. I thought I was set on the Rosen. I need actually experience with these. Can you guys tell me what you went with, or what you know on differences.

And best price where you bought yours
Raxiom worked closely with Rosen to make a completely plug and play unit that looks factory when installed. The Raxiom Navigation System is a great system that includes Ipod integration, Bluetooth, navigation and XM radio with the addition of a XM antenna.

Please let me know if you have other questions or if you'd like a quote on that unit!

-Ryan
Old 11-20-2014, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

It is my understanding that the Raxiom is actually a Rosen under the hood, built to Raxiom specs, for Extreme Terrain. I have it, I love it. Pricing is probably going to be the best if you actually PM the Extreme Terrain guy, Ryan. It was a real plug and play unit. No surprises! It has been working flawlessly here for about a month, I had no problem updating my maps,(I needed North American not just US). The backup camera that comes with it is very clear, wide angle. The phone set up was a breeze.I am completely satisfied with the sound quality, and since it plugged directly into my existing stock harnesses,(I have Infinity package), I was pleased to not have to purchase anything else to make it work. It looks like it came with my Jeep. The biggest effort was getting all the cables stuffed in behind the head unit. Very tight back there, so be patient. Rosen makes so many different models for so many different dealers. I found no place else that offered a full 2 year warranty, and the customer service I received from Extreme Terrain, Ryan in particular, makes me feel very confident in my purchase. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. I don't know much about auto electronics, and I'm sure there are several after market systems that meet or exceed the specs on this unit, but I was not able to find anything in my neck of the woods that was comparable for the price. I won't post that because prices can change too quickly, and I feel that Ryan will always give forum members the best price available. Being able to install it myself in about an hour,(excluding running the cable for the back up camera), saved me even more money. It does everything I wanted, and I am glad I went with it.
There you go, that is the guy you want to talk to, he is faster than me!
Old 11-21-2014, 08:00 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Wrangled
It is my understanding that the Raxiom is actually a Rosen under the hood, built to Raxiom specs, for Extreme Terrain. I have it, I love it. Pricing is probably going to be the best if you actually PM the Extreme Terrain guy, Ryan. It was a real plug and play unit. No surprises! It has been working flawlessly here for about a month, I had no problem updating my maps,(I needed North American not just US). The backup camera that comes with it is very clear, wide angle. The phone set up was a breeze.I am completely satisfied with the sound quality, and since it plugged directly into my existing stock harnesses,(I have Infinity package), I was pleased to not have to purchase anything else to make it work. It looks like it came with my Jeep. The biggest effort was getting all the cables stuffed in behind the head unit. Very tight back there, so be patient. Rosen makes so many different models for so many different dealers. I found no place else that offered a full 2 year warranty, and the customer service I received from Extreme Terrain, Ryan in particular, makes me feel very confident in my purchase. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. I don't know much about auto electronics, and I'm sure there are several after market systems that meet or exceed the specs on this unit, but I was not able to find anything in my neck of the woods that was comparable for the price. I won't post that because prices can change too quickly, and I feel that Ryan will always give forum members the best price available. Being able to install it myself in about an hour,(excluding running the cable for the back up camera), saved me even more money. It does everything I wanted, and I am glad I went with it.
There you go, that is the guy you want to talk to, he is faster than me!
Thanks for the great review! I know Raxiom was hoping to build a unit that was an easy install, looks factory and works flawlessly. It sounds like the hit the nail on the head! I'm glad you're happy with the unit. Please let me know if you need anything else from us and answer any questions I can and get you the best deal!

-Ryan
Old 11-22-2014, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seems like a nice unit to me. Until built in Sirius support is there then I'd rather get a stock pull out radio. I dont want to add a separate tuner when I already have one. You can find 430Ns and the like on eBay for less than the price of these Raxioms.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default Voice Control?

Does the 730N have voice control for the GPS? Does the Raxiom? Rosen?
Old 12-19-2014, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

Default Sirius

Originally Posted by XTRyan
Thanks for the great review! I know Raxiom was hoping to build a unit that was an easy install, looks factory and works flawlessly. It sounds like the hit the nail on the head! I'm glad you're happy with the unit. Please let me know if you need anything else from us and answer any questions I can and get you the best deal!

-Ryan
Hi Ryan
I just purchased and just now finding out it isnt going to work with my Sirius radio without Raxiom Part# J101300 as stated on your website. Where do i buy one of these? I am looking all over with no luck.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

I read that it has an internal mic and one you can run and put anywhere. How well does the internal one work on its own? Would anyone be able to understand you if you were driving without the top on?
Old 01-18-2015, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Also, what's the best way to run the antenna for the gps?
Old 01-19-2015, 12:10 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Rosen navigation system, I love it! Way cheaper too. I am in Germany and I updated the map for Germany, works flawlessly, I bought a flush mounted rear view camera for 12 bucks, can't use the Sirius radio out here but has the adapter. It's completely plug and play. I got it off of amazon. Start up takes a few seconds, it comes with a built in mic as well as the a mountable one. I use the built in one. Works great. Haven't had the chance to take to top off, so don't know the quality while topless. I highly suggest it. The price for the same quality is what sold me. These just my 0.02

Quick Reply: Raxiom or Rosen