Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rear windows not rolling down

Old 03-18-2015, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear windows not rolling down

For some reason on my jku my rear windows won't roll down yet the power locks work fine. The rear controls for the windows don't do anything either. Help me please!
Old 03-18-2015, 07:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Child safety look out engaged?

I don't have power windows so not sure where it is but should be in your manual.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this problem in my 07. The harness was loose on the rear switches. You have to remove the center console to get to the connection so it's a pain but not a difficult fix.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by austinemiller
For some reason on my jku my rear windows won't roll down yet the power locks work fine. The rear controls for the windows don't do anything either. Help me please!
first try the lock button in the middle of the switch panel and if that don't work
this is how I fix my windows when they stop working. turn the key to the on position and at the same time push the window button down and pound on the inside door panel down low with your fist a few times and a lot of times it starts working again.. sometimes the motor just has to move a little and it will start working again. it has worked for me a bunch of times before. hope it works for you.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

My rear windows won't roll down, either. No idea why.

Sorry, I had to...check the wiring harness at the door. That's the only reasonable possibility I can think of for both sets of switches not working.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-829096824.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	604616  

Quick Reply: Rear windows not rolling down