Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Remote Start for 2013 JK with Manual Tranny

Old 11-17-2014, 09:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a 2013 Jk Rubicon a few weeks ago. Has the 6 speed manual tranny in it. Does anyone make a remote starter kit for this thing? It sits in the garage at night so I can leave it out of gear with the ebrake on. Thanks

Here's a couple pics of my new JK. I bought it used with 13k miles on it. Everything was on it except for the cargo carrier. I had it on to go hunting the other evening after I took the photos.

Last edited by WWP_JK; 11-17-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WWP_JK
Got a 2013 Jk Rubicon a few weeks ago. Has the 6 speed manual tranny in it. Does anyone make a remote starter kit for this thing? It sits in the garage at night so I can leave it out of gear with the ebrake on. Thanks Here's a couple pics of my new JK. I bought it used with 13k miles on it. Everything was on it except for the cargo carrier. I had it on to go hunting the other evening after I took the photos.
I've seen a write up of this somewhere, but I can't find it now of course. It wasn't a kit as much as a mod that somebody figured out. I'm pretty sure you have to bypass the clutch safety start thing that all of us manual owners live with.

Edit: Nice jeep! I'm using mine for hunting as well and looking into some custom DIY gun racks. If you come up with something, let me know please!

Last edited by JK505; 11-18-2014 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go to any shop that does remote starts they should all be able to do it for you. I got quoted $550 up here. It costs about $100-150 more then an auto since they have to install a couple extra fail safes so you don't accidentally leave it in gear and run an old lady over.

The DIY method apparently works... I couldn't get mine to work, you also have to find your own way to do the safeties.

EDIT: And if you find the wire to by pass the clutch on the 12's and up... POST IT UP!!! I've been looking since I got this thing and it is driving me nuts. On the 3.8L it was a single wire to ground, they changed the wiring harness around on the 3.6's and I can't find the wire anymore :(
Old 11-18-2014, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Very interested in this as well. Would love to wire up a momentary push button to bypass the clutch safety switch. I've had one fail on me before on a previous vehicle, and it sucks. Luckily you can still bump start them.

I've heard that Viper remote start kits offer this functionality on manual's, but haven't heard of anyone with one on their 2012+ Jeep.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

The viper I installed on my auto 2012 had an option for install with a manual. Been a while since I did the install but it involved a d-ball chal interface plus the viper alarm. I'd need to go back to google all the details for sure
Old 11-20-2014, 10:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mmmmm. Remote start would be nice with this winter we've got..

Sub'd

Sent from my iPhone 5s
Old 11-21-2014, 12:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by orangedude71
The viper I installed on my auto 2012 had an option for install with a manual. Been a while since I did the install but it involved a d-ball chal interface plus the viper alarm. I'd need to go back to google all the details for sure
http://m.ebay.com/itm/290773531165?cmd=VIDESC. Started with this. They programs it to your car before sending to you

Quick Reply: Remote Start for 2013 JK with Manual Tranny