Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Replaced speakers

Old 09-24-2015, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced speakers

I finally got around to taking all the good stereo components out of the D.O.A. Durango. Built the system for my son years ago. He blew the head gasket on the 4.7 so I got the truck back(yea). Put the Kicker KS 650.5's in the front. Cut the stock speaker basket out and used the rim as an adaptor for the kickers. filled the boxes with fiber fill. Installed CS 5.75 coaxials in the rear sound bar. but first I sealed the enclosure. Removed the dome lamp assembly and sealed all around the perimeter of the opening. Stuffed it with fiber fill, and sealed the speakers to the enclosure. Hooked them up to a pioneer GM 6300f amp. Very big difference. Lots of bass, crisp highs, and plenty of volume. No problem with hearing the music with the top down and the doors off.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next I have to find A home for this beast

Quick Reply: Replaced speakers