Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Reprogramming a MyGig 430 RBZ

Old 10-25-2014, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reprogramming a MyGig 430 RBZ

A friend of mine gave me his 430 head unit from his jeep. I took it to the dealer to reprogram it for my vehicle, and was told that it cannot be done, that once it is programmed, it cannot be reprogrammed. Then the tech told me to have it shipped off to have it wiped. Doe anyone know if a jailbreak can restore it, or do I have to have to find someone that can wipe the programming to factory stock?
Old 10-27-2014, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...just swapped out my RER w a kenwood dnx890 ...what an awesome radio ..
My advice to you ....Aftermarket ...there are so many nice radios out there for any budget..
Don't waste time going to Dealer and trying to configure the radio that was given to you.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Head unit swap

My previous Jeep was a 2011 JKU and it came with a lowly 130 with no bluetooth or uconnect. I swapped in a 730N that I purchased from a forum member in Texas. When I first fired it up it thought it was still in Texas (I'm in California) and had the previous owners VIN etc. After cycling the power a couple of times it learned that it was now in California and correctly displayed my VIN. Not sure about the 430 but it was plug and play for my swap. The 730N has bluetooth and uconnect integrated and both worked flawlessly for me after I added the antenna & microphone kit. I even had the steering wheel controls and the previous owner of the 730N did not. All worked for me without even a trip to the dealer.

I'd try it. It doesn't take very long to change it out.

my $.02

KG6SLC aka Eugene

Quick Reply: Reprogramming a MyGig 430 RBZ