Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

The Retrofit source

Old 07-17-2014, 03:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by etl330
Does anything need to be relocated to get the sealed 7s to work? I read something that the fit the tj but jk needs something relocated Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The horn and the power steering resevoir or pump or something needs to be relocated on the driver side. They have a chat feature so they can help you out and also I think you can google it to see how to do it.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The horn can be bent out of place and the power steering reservoir needs about a 3/4-1" bracket made to space it towards the center of the vehicle
Old 07-17-2014, 03:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Still a tight fit, but it fits!
Old 07-18-2014, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

Think this is beyond my abilities haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2014, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

Think this is beyond my abilities haha Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. It's too easy with the sealed 7 kit. Everything is out together except the lens. You can also have them put everything together for you and just ready to wire in which is super easy.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
No. It's too easy with the sealed 7 kit. Everything is out together except the lens. You can also have them put everything together for you and just ready to wire in which is super easy.
I meant relocating stuff in the engine bay :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2014, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

I meant relocating stuff in the engine bay :/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh ok well damn. If you did the retro in your stock housings then no need to relocate anything. However it's more work involved. Lol. Good luck with what you decide
Old 07-18-2014, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Think this is beyond my abilities haha Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can assure you it's not. The instructions tell you everything you need to know.

I had issues with the nuts that hold the projector in and have had my set apart 4 times. I had the projector actually fall in the housing. I can take them out of my jeep unseal the lens, put it in the oven, out of the oven, adjust or change what's needed, back In the oven and in the jeep in under an hour. That's taking my time. It was my first time doing anything like this.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

I contacted them yesterday and they say my lights should be here today! Now to decide what to do with the shroud. Flat black? Gloss black? Chrome? Jeep is black
Old 07-18-2014, 10:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
I contacted them yesterday and they say my lights should be here today! Now to decide what to do with the shroud. Flat black? Gloss black? Chrome? Jeep is black
Please don't go chrome. Chrome IMO does not belong on a jeep. I'd go the flat or gloss black or a gunmetal grey like I have if you want some contrast. If your doing a different color for your accent and accessories pieces then color match them to that.

Quick Reply: The Retrofit source