Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rigid 50" LOUD whistle/harmonic noise. Is there a fix?

Old 08-11-2014, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyk

Use your portable Obama monitoring device
Called Rigid yesterday, they sent me the air damper kit for free! Works awesome, no noticeable wind noise anymore! Love my light now!
Old 11-05-2014, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sparking up an old thread, and my be in the wrong spot...I've got the Baja Designs 51" LED bar, the heat vents face up, not back like Rigid vents. Anyone have any luck with the weather-stripping in these lights? If so, do I run it all the way across the light, top and bottom...Or just 4" strips throughout? Thanks again, and glad ya'll got your whistling fixed!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default Noise fix

Mine is doing the same thing. So I went online and looked it up. There are a couple of youtube videos showing people using weather stripping between the fins. So I am going to give it a try.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

There's a YouTube video of a guy using a tube for fluorescent lights and zip tying it on. I tried that until my edge protectors come. Works fine for now just don't like zip ties
Old 12-27-2014, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

I picked some plastic tubing and cut it into about 3 inch pieces. Pushed those into the fins to tighten them up. Been two years and almost forgot about until I saw this thread. I'll try to remember to take a few pics.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default Wistle and vibration fix

Originally Posted by MFX
I finally bolted up my 50" Rigid Light bar and PSC mount yesterday and immediately I had the insanely loud whistling/harmonic noise. So bad, I thought there's no way I can live with this if it can't be fixed. Does everyone else with this light bar have this issue and are you just coping with it, or did you find a fix?
The sound is at it's worst between 40-65 mph and when I rolled down my window to see if adjusting it would help (which it didn't) I could feel the entire housing resonating in my hand. I'm thinking, would randomly wedging in some small rubber pieces in between the cooling fins help with the noise?

Figured out how to fix the vibration and wistle on a 50 inch led light bar to help fix the vibration we put automotive door trim on each fin on the back of the light bar that knocked out about 95% of the vibration and 25% of the wistle to fix the wistle we put garage door trim on the pottom of the tight bar so it sits curved out between the light bar and the roof of the truck it almost looks like it belongs there and also knocked put about 80% of the wistle with the radio on u cant even hear the wistle at all or even with the ac or heat on you cant hear this makes the wistle very tolorable to make sure the garage door trim wont fly off we zip tied it to the light bar we also found an easy way to make our own brackets to mount the light bar to the roof since brackets would have cost us 200$ we took a piece of steel and bent ot into a L shape and used tge original brackets that come with the light bar to mount it to the homemade bracket we secured it to the roof with bolts and used rubber wqshers weather striping and marine grade 5200 silicone it does not light since the silicone is white we sprated it with plati dip to that it would match the truck just thought i would share this since i know many people have the same problems we came across

Quick Reply: Rigid 50" LOUD whistle/harmonic noise. Is there a fix?