Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rigid 50" vs China LED Lightbar

Old 02-22-2015, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rigid 50" vs China LED Lightbar

OK. I realize there are a lot of threads on this subject, but I am looking for specifics.
I have tried several China LED bars, an EYourLife 52" 30,000 lumen, and a ProLights 50" 28,000 lumen light bar. Both of them were combos, but really there wasn't any spot to them. Their light output is good, but it doesn't throw a beam as far as I would think it should. It barely goes out farther than a normal set of brights.
Does anyone have a Rigid E50 LED bar that can post a pic of the beam pattern? I'm considering buying one, I found them on Amazon for $1,160. Also, what about the E2? What's the difference?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I do end up buying one I am definitely going to do a comparison video.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rigid lights

Originally Posted by donnut
OK. I realize there are a lot of threads on this subject, but I am looking for specifics.
I have tried several China LED bars, an EYourLife 52" 30,000 lumen, and a ProLights 50" 28,000 lumen light bar. Both of them were combos, but really there wasn't any spot to them. Their light output is good, but it doesn't throw a beam as far as I would think it should. It barely goes out farther than a normal set of brights.
Does anyone have a Rigid E50 LED bar that can post a pic of the beam pattern? I'm considering buying one, I found them on Amazon for $1,160. Also, what about the E2? What's the difference?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I do end up buying one I am definitely going to do a comparison video.
I don't know about the Rigid 50 but I do have Rigids on my motorcycle and they are super bright. I turn them off in town because they blind oncoming traffic. They light up a freeway sign a half mile away. Their so bright they over shine my m/ c halogens that so can't tell they are on. They are the ones with six bulbs in them.Rigids are expensive but I think worth the price.

GW
Old 02-23-2015, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok. From all I've read on other threads, people love Rigids. They're super expensive, but you get what you pay for. I just ordered one, and when I get it I will do comparison photos and video.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What did you expect from a chinese knock off ? I've read other threads on questions like this and it made more sense to me after reading some of the comments. If you're driving fast in the desert or trails then you want more of a spot up top because you will be able to see what you're coming up too. If you're doing trail riding,which is a lot slower, as most of us do then a spot/flood combo will be a lot better as it widens up your ability to see vs just a spot.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're going to spend the money on rigid I'd just go for Baja designs. Their lights are superior, user changeable and their customer service is top notch compared to all the threads about Rogid's bad service
Old 02-24-2015, 03:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Your not going to get long distance from ANY led light. They can't physically do it. My friend has a crap load of real rigid lights on his JK, a 50" a 20" SR, 2 6" and a pair of duallys .

My two hella 500s with 55w HID installed destroy them in long distance lighting. I would drop the LED route and go HID if you need long distance lighting. I get over 1000m of light plus plenty up close and wide enough to light up ditches on the highways. A much better, cheaper solution than the LED lighting that is out there. I have yet to personally witness the ARB intensity lights or Vision X light canon 7" BOTH of which are at the pinnicale of LED technology. But both are close to 1000 a set. Where as I paid 79 bucks for my Hella lights plus another 50 bucks or so for the 55w HID kit, and have a set of lights that out perform them. I have used and personally seen most everything else and nothing is as cost effective and produces the results that I get from this inexpensive setup.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
Your not going to get long distance from ANY led light. They can't physically do it. My friend has a crap load of real rigid lights on his JK, a 50" a 20" SR, 2 6" and a pair of duallys . My two hella 500s with 55w HID installed destroy them in long distance lighting. I would drop the LED route and go HID if you need long distance lighting. I get over 1000m of light plus plenty up close and wide enough to light up ditches on the highways. A much better, cheaper solution than the LED lighting that is out there. I have yet to personally witness the ARB intensity lights or Vision X light canon 7" BOTH of which are at the pinnicale of LED technology. But both are close to 1000 a set. Where as I paid 79 bucks for my Hella lights plus another 50 bucks or so for the 55w HID kit, and have a set of lights that out perform them. I have used and personally seen most everything else and nothing is as cost effective and produces the results that I get from this inexpensive setup.
Do you have any pictures of the light output? I've been thinking about doing this
Old 02-24-2015, 07:04 AM
JK Junkie

I have a couple on my phone. but there are a few that I have used off the net of the same setup. I will post one for you.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...Hella700ff.jpg

This is from a guy with the same setup as mine on a taco.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:05 AM
JK Junkie

Its worth every penny and probably the best upgrade you can do for the money in terms of lighting.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Go with a Japanese light. I got a Hanma and love it. China products suck, Japanese products are much better than the Chinese