Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

RIGID Industries Dually D-2 Led Fog Lights

Old 09-20-2014, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIGID Industries Dually D-2 Led Fog Lights

After a long time running stock everything on my 2009 Jeep JK unlimited I have slowly made some additions. My most recent addition is removing the HID's I used in the fog lights. I replaced those with the Rigid D-2 spot. I did not do the install myself. I had my mechanic do the install. So the other night when I picked up the JK I had to put the lights on. WOW! They throw off a lot of light. So now that I have pissed every driver in front of me my question is since I did not do the install is there a way to simply adjust the lights a little? I have an after market front bumper. My Ruggedridge XHD front bumper looks amazing with these lights! I also noticed that when the car is turned off, the alarm is set I noticed a very faint like flickering inside the d2's. I don't notice it in the morning when I first go to the car. But today driving to work and parking I looked at the lights and saw the littlest flicker. I did not turn them on this morning. Is this bad? Am I causing premature damage to the lights? Am I drawing power(miniscule I know) from the battery??? Thanks for reading and all your help!
Old 09-20-2014, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

I have the rigid duallies in my bumper as well, and as far as i know there is no way to adjust them. The LED housing doesnt have caps or a cut off line or anything in em to block the light from going everywhere including other drivers eyes haha! but the flickering is just because the LEDs require very little power compared to your stock so just the stock wiring can transfer enough power to em to make em flicker. I dont believe itll do any damage but i believe you can install a relay to avoid this issue. They are rigid lights, so if one happens to burn out, rigid would replace it i think!
Old 09-20-2014, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great. Thank you! I was looking to see if i could adjust them some way and nope. Not happening. The flickering looks like a burnt out strobe. Not enough light to go all the way on but just enough to notice. But it must go away, when I returned to my car this evening there was no flickering.

Once again thank you for your feedback!

Originally Posted by Catss
I have the rigid duallies in my bumper as well, and as far as i know there is no way to adjust them. The LED housing doesnt have caps or a cut off line or anything in em to block the light from going everywhere including other drivers eyes haha! but the flickering is just because the LEDs require very little power compared to your stock so just the stock wiring can transfer enough power to em to make em flicker. I dont believe itll do any damage but i believe you can install a relay to avoid this issue. They are rigid lights, so if one happens to burn out, rigid would replace it i think!
Old 09-21-2014, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

The lights will flicker once or twice, then stop. This is because you are running off the Jeep's canbus system. If you don't want the flicker than you must run a separate circuit for them. Ran my D2's for a couple yrs like this with no issues, now they are piped through an sPod.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red09
The lights will flicker once or twice, then stop. This is because you are running off the Jeep's canbus system. If you don't want the flicker than you must run a separate circuit for them. Ran my D2's for a couple yrs like this with no issues, now they are piped through an sPod.
Very good! Thanks

Just was worried I am causing damage to the lights. Thank you for your response.

Quick Reply: RIGID Industries Dually D-2 Led Fog Lights