Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rigid lights: 4 dually's or a 10" light bar?

So I'm thinking of changing out my lights to some Rigid LED. I was thinking of what to go with and looking for opinions.

I can go with either a 10" E-Series flood/spot clear combo bar for $380, or I can go with two dually clear flood and two dually clear spot for $380.

The combo bar would give me 20 LED's in one light bar, and the dually's would give me 16 LED's in four lights. Poison Spyder makes a nice fairlead mount designed specifically for the 10" lightbar which would make mounting simple. For the dually's, I can mount to on the light tabs on my LoD front bumper and then would have to find another way to mount the other two lights [probably the same fairlead mount].

Which method would you pick?
    Wrangler Mountain Edition

Rock KrawlerJKSLoDGoodyear

JfK

Quote Originally Posted by 20JK10 View Post
    So I'm thinking of changing out my lights to some Rigid LED. I was thinking of what to go with and looking for opinions.

I can go with either a 10" E-Series flood/spot clear combo bar for $380, or I can go with two dually clear flood and two dually clear spot for $380.

The combo bar would give me 20 LED's in one light bar, and the dually's would give me 16 LED's in four lights. Poison Spyder makes a nice fairlead mount designed specifically for the 10" lightbar which would make mounting simple. For the dually's, I can mount to on the light tabs on my LoD front bumper and then would have to find another way to mount the other two lights [probably the same fairlead mount].

Which method would you pick?
    I would go with 2 spots on the windshield and 2 driving lights on the bumper. That should provide a more versatile solution.

I had my duallies d2's on winshield brackets for about a day! They looked to gay for me because I like the look of a large light up there, old school I guess.
    I'd go with two duallies on bumper tabs and 10 inch on fairlead.
    Depends if you want to run the lights on hwy legal I would make the bumper tabs duffusied or combo unless you plan on shutting them off for oncoming traffic.
    If you weren't concerned with annoyance then I'd go combo for fairlead and spots for bumper tabs and aim the bumper tabs outward
    Last edited by snopro269; 02-10-2012 at 10:22 PM.

I agree with the sr comment above. Sleeker, brighter, newer, and cost.
    Also go with the d2 duallies. I had the standard duallies and liked the 4led look, but I replaced them with the 6led d2s. Much, much, brighter.
    If you don't like the squared look, kc makes round ones. I also wasn't a fan of the square look for windshield mounts.
    Good luck. Rigid makes nice stuff and they stand behind their products.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-484323900.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	276589  
    Last edited by sheepdog; 02-13-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling error
    2010 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Black

Myself and few others had their Dually D2s on windshield brackets and after looking at other jeepers with traditional larger 5 inch lights. The little d2's looked small, outta place and Gay.
    I guess I'm stuck with tradition windshield lights look.
    I put my d2's on my bumper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1553271461.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	276655

Before

Name:	image-364194259.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	276658

After
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-275564730.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	276652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3308302981.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	276654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2657981089.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	276660  

Quote Originally Posted by snopro269 View Post
    The little d2's looked small, outta place and Gay.
    I feel exactly the opposite, the larger Mickey Mouse ear lights bother the Hell out of me, the Dually's/D2's are small and provided that "do more with less" look that I liked a lot.
    2009 Unlimited Black
    TF 4inch, 37's and a ton of other expensive shit.

Quote Originally Posted by fadeout

I feel exactly the opposite, the larger Mickey Mouse ear lights bother the Hell out of me, the Dually's/D2's are small and provided that "do more with less" look that I liked a lot.
    Wait until you are sitting beside someone that has them. I guess If I am going to make the step for windshield mounted lights, I like the traditional look over the new tiny less look. I tried the D2's on windshield 6 months ago and didn't like it.
    I have large tires and large windshield lights - 7 inch HID

Wait until you are sitting beside someone that has them. I guess If I am going to make the step for windshield mounted lights, I like the traditional look over the new tiny less look. I tried the D2's on windshield 6 months ago and didn't like it.
    I have small tires & small windshield lights, but it's not the size that matters it's what you do with them.

As far as Im concerned, you wont go wrong with any set up. Rigid makes a great product. Here are some pics for you:

Name:	IMG_0238.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	276755 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0240.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	276756 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0230.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	276757

Don't need to wait, that's what I pulled off in favor of these, traditional = looking to me. I actually pulled all of my 6 and 7 inch lights in favor of LED's they're smaller (less chance or breakage, when getting smacked by something), put out more light, and use way less power (happier alternator/battery).
    2009 Unlimited Black
    TF 4inch, 37's and a ton of other expensive shit.

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast