Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rigid Radiance vs Lifetime 50"

Old 01-10-2017, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rigid Radiance vs Lifetime 50"

I'm looking into a 50" that wont break the bank, but wont...break, either. rigid recently released their new Radiance line which seems to be a great pricepoint (475 + 70 for wiring) and it has a separate mode for back-lighting. The other option would be the Lifetime's 50" (399 w/wiring)
As far as use goes, I'll be doing quite a bit of back country camping as well as some night runs here and there.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/l...ite-back-light

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/l...lood-spot-50in

Which would you guys recommend?
Old 01-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You'll find reasons to go either way but I've had issues with both Rigid and my BBL lights. Black Box acknowledged the issue and asked me to return the lights with a partial credit towards another product. Rigid sent over RMA info and provided tracking. They sent out new lights in 3 days without any questions or hesitation.

BBL is no longer in business and I've had to discard the (now) non-functional bar. Rigid is still in business and expanding. Who would you like to stand behind your warranty?
Old 01-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor

What are you looking for a 50" bar for? The Jeep JK's usually take a 52" bar.

With that said, if you go with Rigid we can knock off 10% since you are a forum member here. Use coupon code JKFORUM

Rigid Radiance 50" Back-Light LED Light Bar - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Also, we sell the AuxBeam brand, which is an economy line brand, however we sell their 5D lights, which have pressure release valves. So they don't seem to have the issue all the cheaper brands have

50": AuxBeam 50" 288W CREE Straight LED Light Bar 5D Projector Lens (Spot & Flood, Dual Row) - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

52": AuxBeam 52" 288W CREE Straight LED Light Bar 5D Projector Lens (Spot & Flood, Dual Row) - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

As I said, the JK's would use a 52" Bar, and here are some mounts for your JK:

LED Light Bar Mounts - Jeep - Page 1 - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

The YJ's and TJ's use a 50" bar though.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SilverJK2010
I'm looking into a 50" that wont break the bank, but wont...break, either. rigid recently released their new Radiance line which seems to be a great pricepoint (475 + 70 for wiring) and it has a separate mode for back-lighting. The other option would be the Lifetime's 50" (399 w/wiring)
As far as use goes, I'll be doing quite a bit of back country camping as well as some night runs here and there.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/l...ite-back-light

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/l...lood-spot-50in

Which would you guys recommend?
Check out our all new B series 50" LED bar. Its at a better price point than both of those lights, and the user feedback has been phenomenal with them. It will go pound for pound against both of those bars. We are also semi local to you, and have been around for quite a while so you have no worries.

Check it out here

Also if the Radiance series is something you liked, we have something that will interest you really really soon...
Old 01-12-2017, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

+1 for Sam. All my off-road lights from them
Old 01-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I highly recommend Inspired Engineering. Sami is a great guy who is active on here and the warranty is outstanding. Their products are top notch and I'm saying this from personal experience.

Quick Reply: Rigid Radiance vs Lifetime 50"