Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

RSC 130 radio keeps blanking out - why? fix?

Old 09-07-2016, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's happening again!

I'm resurrecting this old thread of mine. This problem basically went away last September. I thought I'd linked it to somehow be my LED fog lights (though they're on a totally different circuit). I replaced the LEDs with factory bulbs and the problem stopped.

Well, after a year, the problem is back again. Does anyone else's stock radio do this? I think it's thermal - I think it gets too hot and just as the radio's fan comes on, a thermal circuit or something cuts the power off.

I know it's not the battery, not the ground, not the circuit or fuse (fuse is good and everything on the circuit works when the radio won't). I've practically convinced myself the problem is the head unit, but don't want to spend money on a new head (stock or aftermarket) and then have it not be the problem.

Any thoughts? Here's a video of what it's doing:
https://youtu.be/Ha8niyiKvmo

Quick Reply: RSC 130 radio keeps blanking out - why? fix?