Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rubicon Locker/Swaybar Switches Stopped working

Old 03-26-2014, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may need a scan tool to look and the CAN B (Interior) and CAN C (Powertrain) BUS circuits to check switch inputs. Its not just a simple power and ground thing anymore. Its a Jeep with a Network connected to many modules.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

I have the same issue, swaybar, lockers, esp. No lights in the switches with the lights on, no dash lights.

Something to add is I can connect my flashpaq and it recognizes my lockers and will engage/disengage with the dash indicator flashing.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

All of the buttons are in one cluster. My hazard light was getting stuck and draining my battery. I ordered a new cluster (rubicon specific) from quadratec for $50. Easy install, one wiring harness to the whole row.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:00 PM
JK Newbie

Mine is the TIPM. Had Casey at Cutting Edge hook up the Starscan. I should have written down the wording of the code but I didn't. Bottom line is my TIPM is shot to shit and needs to be replaced.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hyatt147
Long Story Short.

I hit my ESP off Button and nothing happened. So I tried turning my lockers on and again nothing happened. Same Problem with the Sway Bar Disconnect.

The only Button that seems to work in the whole line is the Hazard switch.

I though maybe the Dash Lights were the problem but coming off an exit ramp the ESP light starting blinking (as Normal) so the lights work. I also Put the Tcase in 4Low and the ESP disabled as it should.

Has anyone had this problem? I am hoping it is just the switches. But am hesitant to order a new panel because the Hazard Button Still works.

Does anyone know if that is separate from the rest.

Any input will Help.
Whats up man did you end up finding a fix for this issue? My 2012 Rubicon just started with the same thing ive checked everything i could and have not found the issue . hope to hear back for feedback
Thanks,
Andy

Quick Reply: Rubicon Locker/Swaybar Switches Stopped working