Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rugged Ridge Switch Wiring Diagram

Old 05-20-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I hate wiring. I can't figure this out.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just tagging this. Ordered mine yesterday and will probably be referencing it, hehe.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for this... I should have mine in a few days..
Old 05-25-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

What wire in the bunch on the left is safe to use as the switch wire (12 volt that's not constant) I only want the lights to work when the Jeep is on.

2008 JK

Thanks

Last edited by prowler9; 05-25-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by prowler9
What wire in the bunch on the left is safe to use as the switch wire (12 volt that's not constant) I only want the lights to work when the Jeep is on.

2008 JK

Thanks
Not sure which one of those but I used the positive for the power outlet (cigarette lighter) on the left.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZombJep

Not sure which one of those but I used the positive for the power outlet (cigarette lighter) on the left.
I mite just do that... It will be safer... Thanks for the reply :-)
Old 05-27-2011, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for posting that, just got mine in yesterday and was planning on wiring it up sometime this weekend.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:24 AM
Owl
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I e-mailed omix to see if the LED's were directional / polarized. That is, would the LED light, if the positive / negative were reversed.

Never got an answer, and didn't try to do the swap.

I use three of the four positions:

1 - Rear locker
2 - Front locker
3 - ESP/ABS disconnect

They're all wired through separate relays, as I did want the LED's to light up when the switches were closed. I grabbed +12V from the power outlet (cigarette lighter) that's hot when the Jeep is running.

Great system, works well.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default Start to Finish

I understand absolutely nothing about electrical components on vehicles. Would I be smarter to pay the money and have it done right or try to wire it myself...

I just purchased LED headlights for my vehicle and they have a halo option which is both white and amber. I have a rugged ridge A-post switch pod and I have absolutely no idea how to or where to wire the halo's into the switches....
Old 05-27-2015, 01:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Monroewrangler
I understand absolutely nothing about electrical components on vehicles. Would I be smarter to pay the money and have it done right or try to wire it myself...

I just purchased LED headlights for my vehicle and they have a halo option which is both white and amber. I have a rugged ridge A-post switch pod and I have absolutely no idea how to or where to wire the halo's into the switches....
Holy crap this is an old thread.

Welcome, Monroe. It isn't very hard to wire the halos yourself. Did they come with any instructions for wiring? Do you know what the current draw for the halos is? Most likely it is a low draw and could be wired easily to your switch. If the draw is more than a few amps then I would use a relay for the lights and your switch to trigger them. Here are a couple of schematics so you can see how easy it is.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Switch Wiring Diagram