Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Smittybily xrc Front bumper install no fog lights ???

Old 02-08-2010, 11:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybily xrc Front bumper install no fog lights ???

I'm going to be installing a smittybily xrc front bumper. I don't believe it has room for the factory fog lights. I did order some PIAA 510's can I use the the factory fog lights wiring for the PIAA's or does this bumper allow for the factory lights to be installed? Anyone know about the install for this bumper? If possible I'd love to run the factories AND the PIAA's??

anyone know more about the install on this bumper such as the air bag sensors etc

thanks
Old 02-08-2010, 11:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BCSlayerJK
I'm going to be installing a smittybily xrc front bumper. I don't believe it has room for the factory fog lights. I did order some PIAA 510's can I use the the factory fog lights wiring for the PIAA's or does this bumper allow for the factory lights to be installed? Anyone know about the install for this bumper? If possible I'd love to run the factories AND the PIAA's??

anyone know more about the install on this bumper such as the air bag sensors etc

thanks
I have this bumper. It does not have a place for the factory fog lights. I installed IPF 968 to the factory switch. There are plenty of threads to help you with the wiring. Just do a search.

The install of this bumper is fairly easy. I did it without any help.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rustler211
I have this bumper. It does not have a place for the factory fog lights. I installed IPF 968 to the factory switch. There are plenty of threads to help you with the wiring. Just do a search.

The install of this bumper is fairly easy. I did it without any help.
He did you just remove the lights and use the factory wiring to add the new lights.....?

Just use the exisiting wiring from the factory fogs?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BCSlayerJK
He did you just remove the lights and use the factory wiring to add the new lights.....?
Just use the exisiting wiring from the factory fogs?
I've done it as have several of the people I wheel with. Simple, almost plug and play...just take the existing wiring and tap into the wire leads off of the new lights and turn them on/off the way you would have with your factory fogs.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:58 PM
bkw
JK Freak

Super simple, and no, it does not take factory lights. I had tried 'fabricating' a 3" PVC cap thinking that it might fit in one of the holes underneath but was terribly unsuccessful.

I bought a set of Hella 700FF's and modified them to fit my HID bulbs from the stock lights in there.

Quick Reply: Smittybily xrc Front bumper install no fog lights ???