Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

So what are the options when wanting to change a setting that need a starscan tool?

Old 04-28-2015, 12:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So what are the options when wanting to change a setting that need a starscan tool?

I have a massive list of all the stuff on my 2010 jk that I can do myself on my jeep, but some settings can only be changed with a starscan tool .... so what are the options out there when you need one. Is there another device out there that can do it? Can you rent one? Or are they only the expensive devices that dealerships use? Is my only option to go to a dealership and get charged an outrageous fee that takes a mechanic 5 minutes to do?

You'd think that the jeeping community could make their own so we wouldnt have to be robbed by dealerships.

Last edited by Dirtymoney; 04-28-2015 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply: So what are the options when wanting to change a setting that need a starscan tool?