Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sound system and lighting wattage?

Old 05-02-2016, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound system and lighting wattage?

Hey everyone I am looking to upgrade my sound system to something simple but good. Just wondering how much the JK stock alternator can handle? My last vehicle had a large sound system with a high output alternator and all that stuff but I'm over it! I'm just looking for a simple setup to enjoy my music in my 2014 JKU. I'm swapping the factory stereo for an aftermarket one and all 4 speakers. Im also looking to throw a 12 inch sub powered by a small amp any suggestions? Another thing I am installing is a rugged ridge light bar; it has 3 13.5" light bars that are 72watts each so thats 216 watts. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2016, 12:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nassd89
Hey everyone I am looking to upgrade my sound system to something simple but good. Just wondering how much the JK stock alternator can handle? My last vehicle had a large sound system with a high output alternator and all that stuff but I'm over it! I'm just looking for a simple setup to enjoy my music in my 2014 JKU. I'm swapping the factory stereo for an aftermarket one and all 4 speakers. Im also looking to throw a 12 inch sub powered by a small amp any suggestions? Another thing I am installing is a rugged ridge light bar; it has 3 13.5" light bars that are 72watts each so thats 216 watts. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
My stock alternator powers an aftermarket HU, a 4x90 watt amp, a 1100w amp, LED headlights, a 20" LED bar and 2 LED cubes with no problem.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattk11
My stock alternator powers an aftermarket HU, a 4x90 watt amp, a 1100w amp, LED headlights, a 20" LED bar and 2 LED cubes with no problem.
Nice! what kind of speakers, sub/s and amps do you have hooked up?
Old 05-02-2016, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nassd89
Nice! what kind of speakers, sub/s and amps do you have hooked up?
Pioneer HU, Arc audio multi channel, Alpine sub amp, focal speakers and Sundown 10" subs under the front seats.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

I got an arc audio too. Great amp.

Quick Reply: Sound system and lighting wattage?