Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Speaker Problems Help!!!

Old 01-11-2017, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Problems Help!!!

Hi. I hope someone can help and apologies if the subject has already been covered. I have a 2011 JK i've owned since new but recently I've encountered a problem being able to hear people speak on the phone whilst I am driving particularly on the highway. I have the upgraded 730N Uconnect with Sat Nav (I think) stereo with Bluetooth streaming. I've adjusted all the settings putting all the sound to the drivers Side of the Jeep but this hasn't really helped. When I listen to music there does not seem to be a problem with the sound levels. I haven't taken the speaker apart yet but could it be there is a smaller speaker just for speaking on the phone within the dash? Should I also look for a loose connection or just consider replacing the set of front speakers if so any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks again I would appreciate any help.

Paul from the UK
Old 01-11-2017, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 730N sends the iPhone audio for calls through the same speakers as music/radio. No special speakers exist for the phone audio. You might ensure your phone audio volume is turned up on your phone when you have a live call. The music streaming and phone headset functionalities are different Bluetooth profiles and your phone may support different volume levels for each.

good luck
Old 01-11-2017, 04:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The volume works separate for phone and music. You need to be on the phone call through the radio and then adjust the volume for phone calls. At least that's how mine works.

Quick Reply: Speaker Problems Help!!!