Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stay away from Anzo LED lights

Old 10-22-2016, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stay away from Anzo LED lights

I don't normally complain about crap products but I don't want anyone else to make this mistake. Anzo USA (the manufacturer) will not do anything to correct/replace them since they're over a year old (15 months). I went through 2 sets before they sent me some that wouldn't leak. Apparently they all leak and it destroys the lens. For $300 I expected tail lights that would last longer than 15 months.

Spoke to the vendor and they don't sell them anymore. Spoke to Anzo and got the warranty line. So much for standing behind your product.

Buyer beware.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-669758234.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	520.4 KB
ID:	659493   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-612262275.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	464.6 KB
ID:	659494  
Old 10-22-2016, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Default Lites

Why would anyone by from a Company named Anzo?
Old 10-22-2016, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Condensation, like you first picture, builds up inside TruckLites as well. Their answer is park in the sun, it'll be ok. Many people still run the lights, as do I without issue.

The cracking would bother me though.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Condensation, like you first picture, builds up inside TruckLites as well. Their answer is park in the sun, it'll be ok. Many people still run the lights, as do I without issue.

The cracking would bother me though.
Ive been running TruckLites for about 3 years and haven't had condenation, at all.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

I think condensation is a problem with a lot of tail lights almost every viehicle I have owned has had this problem. I am about to pull the trigger on some jw speaker brake lights hope these don't have this problem. And I found a price that beats 300. Did you pay for them by pay pal? Or with your visa? you could possibly make a claim saying it was a faulty product and manufacture won't honor warrenty. (Long shot but possibly you could get a refund or at least a response from the company if it's someone else putting the pressure on them too)
Old 10-23-2016, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saharaharry
Why would anyone by from a Company named Anzo?
You're kidding right?
Old 10-23-2016, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gartix
I think condensation is a problem with a lot of tail lights almost every viehicle I have owned has had this problem. I am about to pull the trigger on some jw speaker brake lights hope these don't have this problem. And I found a price that beats 300. Did you pay for them by pay pal? Or with your visa? you could possibly make a claim saying it was a faulty product and manufacture won't honor warrenty. (Long shot but possibly you could get a refund or at least a response from the company if it's someone else putting the pressure on them too)
Ive had my jw speaker tail lights for about a year and have only ever seen condensation once and it was the day after i drove through a rain storm. it went away in a day or so.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:14 AM
JK Freak

Default Kidding?

Originally Posted by sdr0303
You're kidding right?
Not kidding. With a name like that a quick profit.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sdr0303
I don't normally complain about crap products but I don't want anyone else to make this mistake. Anzo USA (the manufacturer) will not do anything to correct/replace them since they're over a year old (15 months). I went through 2 sets before they sent me some that wouldn't leak. Apparently they all leak and it destroys the lens. For $300 I expected tail lights that would last longer than 15 months. Spoke to the vendor and they don't sell them anymore. Spoke to Anzo and got the warranty line. So much for standing behind your product. Buyer beware.
I've had my Anzo tail lights since 2014 august. No issues.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-988103728.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	502.5 KB
ID:	659627   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3351556655.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	511.3 KB
ID:	659628  
Old 10-25-2016, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had my ANZO LED taillights for a little over a year. Something happened to the resistor and the were blinking like crazy and my jeep was telling me my tail lamp was out. I emailed ANZO about it telling them what was going on and that I expected a better product from a company like that. They called me and within a few days I had two resistors show up at my door from ANZO. Didn't even have to pay shipping! Granted this is one experience... I'd start a claim with my credit card company if I had your issue.

Quick Reply: Stay away from Anzo LED lights