Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Step By Step Installation of Rigid Dually LEDs using BDF Fog Light Bracket

Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From the many posts on here, it seems like everyone says no Rigid's unless wired to high beams. I have D2 Drivings, and even pointed almost straight down, the glare from the LEDs is blinding; there's no way I could run them without getting pulled over (mine are wired into my high beams). I think, think, someone said the rigid spots could be run if pointed way down. But then you have two circles on the ground, so what's the point.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Delete

Last edited by dogsonparade; 08-19-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I hardwire a pair of rigid dually's to the factory fog wires and wire the Truck-Lite Pulse Width Modulation Adapter Harness, will that fix the flickering issue?
Rigid said any warning canceller would solve the problem, just want to make sure before i wire it in. Thanks
Old 09-10-2014, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you give some details on how you did this?
Thanks,
TJC

Originally Posted by Tylerm78
Got the Truck-lites and duallys mounted tonight. Decided to wire the duallys direct to the to the fog wiring. Didn't really want to cut the stock wires so I retrofitted the rigidly plug to the stick wires.

Attachment 346465

Attachment 346466

Works good and shouldn't have to worry about water or corrosion. To anyone that's used the fog switch for duallys, do they strobe for a few seconds after you turn them off? Seems like there's a small voltage that goes back and forth between the 2 lights. Will this hurt the lights?

Attachment 346467

Attachment 346468

Quick Reply: Step By Step Installation of Rigid Dually LEDs using BDF Fog Light Bracket