Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stereo Install HELP!

Old 03-06-2015, 02:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Install HELP!

I have a 2010 Wrangler Sahara with a factory sub.

I just got a Boss 9362BI Double-Din with a PAC C2R-CHY4 connector.

My main issue is I have TWO wire harnesses that went into the back of the factory HU. The large one fits into the PAC, but I have no idea where the smaller one goes... Do I have to pull the wires out and splice them somewhere? Does anyone know exactly what these wires are or where I would put them?

I have not installed a car stereo in over 20 years and they sure have changed!

Any info will be appreciated, the dash is apart as we speak!
Old 03-06-2015, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

If i remember correctly, the smaller one isn't used. That's the steering wheel controls I think. I have the rp4-ch11 and the wiring harness that came with my aftermarket stereo wired to the pac, then the pac plugs into the cars stereo harness. That small one wasn't used. Just tuck it away somewhere
Old 03-06-2015, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
If i remember correctly, the smaller one isn't used. That's the steering wheel controls I think. I have the rp4-ch11 and the wiring harness that came with my aftermarket stereo wired to the pac, then the pac plugs into the cars stereo harness. That small one wasn't used. Just tuck it away somewhere
I do not have steering wheel controls... I hooked up the wires from the PAC to the Radio harness; I got power but no volume so I am guessing the second smaller harness in my dash has to do with the AMP but I have no idea where they go so I do not want to pull them out of the harness!
Old 03-06-2015, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
YES!!! I think you're correct... I ended up hooking up the blue "Power Antenna" wire from the HU to the "Amp Power" and it worked... Damn antenna adapter does not fit so I will pick one up tomorrow, finish the wires before attempting to fit the thing in there!

Thanks for your help.... I am hoping its smooth sailing from here!!
Old 03-06-2015, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

No problem! I got my headunit from crutchfield and came with an antenna adapter.
It is a tight fit to get everything tucked in behind the new stereo. The sub-dash may need trimmed. Its a metal bracket that kept the old stereo in place behind everything. You'll see what I mean. Unless 2010s don't have it.
Make sure everything works before you put the dash back together.
Good luck!

Quick Reply: Stereo Install HELP!