Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Subs in Soft top, how do they sound?

Old 04-19-2014, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Subs in Soft top, how do they sound?

I am about ready to pull the trigger and upgrade my system, problem is I am worried about the sub flexing the soft top and not really sounding good. Will the sub just flex the top and rattle, or will it sound ok? I am installing a single Kicker 12". May be stupid question but wanted to ask anyway.

Thanks guys
Old 04-19-2014, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a 10 inch Rockford fosgate in my jk for about 18 months and I have had no problems with anything rattling!! The only rattle ish like thing I can say would be the plastic pieces on the inside of the tailgate but when you're listening to music you can't really tell!! Good luck and enjoy!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beaver22
I have had a 10 inch Rockford fosgate in my jk for about 18 months and I have had no problems with anything rattling!! The only rattle ish like thing I can say would be the plastic pieces on the inside of the tailgate but when you're listening to music you can't really tell!! Good luck and enjoy!
Sounds good, thank you.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is defenitely a noticable difference in volume between the softop and hardtop. My gain sits at about 1/4 with my hardtop and I have it at about 1/2 with the soft top. Youll be fine with the kicker 12. Just get the remote gain control for your amp. And no rattling here either except my change in the door and my mirrors lol. I run 700w into an alpine type r 12 inch. It hurts so goos

I dont always drive where others cant. but when I do, its in my Jeep. Stay muddy my friends

Last edited by Jade_Monkey07; 04-19-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Subs in Soft top, how do they sound?