Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Switches for extra lighting

Old 07-14-2014, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switches for extra lighting

Tried to search on here for where people put other switches for light bars and all but have me insane responses so I'm going to ask.

Starting to put light bars on and all that stuff and need options for extra switches and where people mount their switches? I want a mount with multiple switches and have seen people with the mount on on the side of the jeep next to the tweeter speaker and also I've seen above the rear view mirror. If people could give me some options and if possible pictures that would be great

Thanks
Old 07-14-2014, 12:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what I did.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

sPOD is expensive, but it makes wiring in extra things easy. It comes with the above-mirror controller and a fuse/relay box and bracket that go in the engine bay. Add in the Contura V switches (I stayed with the provided the COntura IIs) for your 2014 interior (I have an '07), an optional oil pressure gauge and OTRATTW.com labeled toggles for the switches, and it will look factory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Work, Sep 13, 5_9826, Engine Fan Switch.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	565309

P.S.--Due to the prevalence of folks using phone apps to access this site, it's helpful if you put essential details in your original post (they can't look at your profile--or at least I've never figured out how, LOL). Because of differences between the interiors, would be useful for folks to know you have a '14.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 07-15-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
sPOD is expensive, but it makes wiring in extra things easy. It comes with the above-mirror controller and a fuse/relay box and bracket that go in the engine bay. Add in the Contura V switches (I stayed with the provided the COntura IIs) for your 2014 interior (I have an '07), an optional oil pressure gauge and OTRATTW.com labeled toggles for the switches, and it will look factory.

Attachment 565309

P.S.--Due to the prevalence of folks using phone apps to access this site, it's helpful if you put essential details in your original post (they can't look at your profile--or at least I've never figured out how, LOL). Because of differences between the interiors, would be useful for folks to know you have a '14.
thats a smexy addon right there.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:23 AM
JK Newbie

Love the sPOD! Looks sweet!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I made my own too.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405427167032.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	565319
Old 07-15-2014, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry about the lack if detail, but I love the sPod, it's expensive, but for the look of it and where it's located looks great! I will probably wait til I get more lighting to purchase it since right now all I have are my windshield lights but thank you!

How do you get the different labels on the. Again? Is that an option when you buy the package or what? Because those are pretty cool as well haha
Old 07-15-2014, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by groth797
Sorry about the lack if detail, but I love the sPod, it's expensive, but for the look of it and where it's located looks great! I will probably wait til I get more lighting to purchase it since right now all I have are my windshield lights but thank you!

How do you get the different labels on the. Again? Is that an option when you buy the package or what? Because those are pretty cool as well haha
I have an sPod as well. Not installed yet, but I got switch rockers from these guys: OTRATTW

They snap right on
Old 07-15-2014, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

NOT to slam the S-Pod, I was going to get one until I saw the price. I went with busman Weather Tight Auxiliary Fuse Box. Some people don't like to go this way because they say they don't know how to wire any thing up. That was me but for the price I had to try. For the price of the S-Pod I got busman Weather Tight Auxiliary Fuse Box, all wiring, connectors, 4 OTRATTW switch's, and the A pillar switch housing. I was not disappointed in this.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by scratchkenny
NOT to slam the S-Pod, I was going to get one until I saw the price. I went with busman Weather Tight Auxiliary Fuse Box. Some people don't like to go this way because they say they don't know how to wire any thing up. That was me but for the price I had to try. For the price of the S-Pod I got busman Weather Tight Auxiliary Fuse Box, all wiring, connectors, 4 OTRATTW switch's, and the A pillar switch housing. I was not disappointed in this.
This has the advantage of being watertight, which is my biggest disappointment in the sPOD. For the price and intended market, it should be. Even the TIPM has a gasket around its cover.

Quick Reply: Switches for extra lighting