Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Switches for lights

Old 09-12-2016, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Switches for lights

is anybody familiar with the rocker switch panel that is the 2016 Sahara? Can the blank slots be filled with matching rocker switches for lights and such?
Old 09-12-2016, 12:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you're talking about this one it can be done. Not exactly straight forward though as there is a circuit board behind it. I have read about people getting a new switch assembly with every spot filled and using that to trigger lights. I have not seen a write up on it, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QrDxvd6uj4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QrDxvd6uj4

Last edited by 14Sport; 09-12-2016 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rocker Switches

What about after market rocker switches?
Old 09-13-2016, 06:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

With the circuit board behind the switch panel they will not fit. There are options for running aftermarket switches. Here's a few popular ones...

This mounts where the little net panel is behind the shifter. Guys with manual transmissions complain they accidently hit the switches sometimes though.

This mounts on the A pillar.

And this is an elegant way to add six or 8 switches but is much more expensive.

There are other switch mounting options if you search.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a cheap switchpod I got off ebay for my A-Pillar. It works really well, within arm reach for easy access, and (personally speaking) I really like how it looks. It fits perfectly and looks like it was meant to be there.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iron53man
I have a cheap switchpod I got off ebay for my A-Pillar. It works really well, within arm reach for easy access, and (personally speaking) I really like how it looks. It fits perfectly and looks like it was meant to be there.
Not to take over the OP's thread but do you have a link to the one you got? Also how do you like it? Does it seem cheap? I've wanted to buy one of the less expensive ones since I can't afford the spod a t the moment.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blamb0830
Not to take over the OP's thread but do you have a link to the one you got? Also how do you like it? Does it seem cheap? I've wanted to buy one of the less expensive ones since I can't afford the spod a t the moment.
I am not positive that these are the exact ones I got but it looks about the same. This is just a quick example, it comes with the plastic A-Pillar cover and the switch holes are already cut with switches installed. All you'd have to do is wire it in and then get this mounted. This was one of the first mods I did because I got a cheap deal on a lightbar and KC lights from someone that wanted to upgrade to LED everything. It's fairly straightforward but a good challenge to start modding with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Left-Hand-A-...5X1K-w&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply: Switches for lights