Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Tire pressure gauge and alarm light blinking

Old 03-06-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire pressure gauge and alarm light blinking

OK guys, I'll be driving and my tire pressure gauge and alarm light will start blinking at times. I assume it's some type of short in the wires. Anyone else had this issue?
The following users liked this post:
AndrewRoberts (12-28-2020)
Old 03-06-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathankallen
OK guys, I'll be driving and my tire pressure gauge and alarm light will start blinking at times. I assume it's some type of short in the wires. Anyone else had this issue?
Are you sure you have enough air in all of your tires?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine has been on for a while. My tires are at 30-32 psi. Check your psi and if it's really low then put some air in!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

This just happened to me this morning. I checked tire pressure and all are above 30. i really hate tpms. have problems with it on my tahoe too. might accelerate my superchips purchase.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

check the pressure in your Spare tire....

it seems to make a difference with my TPMS..

-Christopher
Old 03-18-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

I am also having an issue.

My tpms alarm went off. I checked my tire pressure and every tire was at 35-38 psi! Even the spare!

I aired them down to the sticker psi on the door, 35 psi (stock tires) and the warning is still there.

The only changes I've made is a new battery, PSC bumper and a winch. The temps have been warmer too.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jonathankallen
Mine just started doing the same thing, did you ever find out what it was?
Old 04-12-2013, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every now and then when I'm on a road trip, my Jeep sounds the alert chime and starts blinking the TMPS warning light.
According to the manual, that's indicating that there's a fault in the TPMS system, not a low pressure warning.
Eventually, the light will go from flashing to solid, then shut off. Or, if I pull over and shut the Jeep off for 5 minutes or so, that will reset it as well.
I'm figuring that I've got a loose wire somewhere. I just haven't had a chance to chase it down.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

I had exactly the same issue about one and a half years ago. It ended up being a wire going to or from the clock spring. Mine eventually got to the point where my radio started to short out. I had a black wire that apparently started rubbing on a sharp edge on my steering column until it became bare. I suggest u take ur column cover off and see if u can find anything like that. I know on 2008's, the owners manual even says that ur spare tire does not effect the tpms light. The tires have to rotate to activate the tpms sensors. I have been running mine without a sensor in my spare for about 1.5 years now. No effect! I wish you luck...I know how frustrating this is.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:41 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Usual suspect with a TPMS lamp that blinks for ~70 seconds, then goes solid on and/or goes out, is RF interference.

If you have a tuner plugged in, GPS, or other electronics -- unplug them and/or turn them off, then see if the problem goes away.

Quick Reply: Tire pressure gauge and alarm light blinking